Vol. 2 - Chapter 13: Common Ground

*Kiara wakes up*

*Kiara immediately summons her sword, the same with Gura. The forest fire is now gone thanks to Gura's water powers*

Ame: Hey hey hey! Chill! Put your weapons down!

*Kiara Gura stare down*

Ame: Could you please put your weapons down so that we can talk to each other properly?

Kiara: Not if she puts her weapon down first.

Gura: No you! Put your sword down.

Ame: (Goddammit this two) Gura.

*Gura looks at Ame. Gura unsheathes her trident*

Ame: We just want to talk Kiara.

Kiara: About wha- wait. How'd you know my name?

Ame: My name is Amelia Watson. She's Gawr Gura. We've been investigating powerful mythical creatures here on Earth to recruit them for our objective, that includes you.

Kiara: What objective?

Ame: Do you know the council?

Kiara: Of course. I had a beef with one of them.

Gura: What? Why?

Kiara: Well you see. I got hunted by some people and they plan to eat my ashes, believing that it would make them immortal too.

Gura: Ewww gross.

Kiara: Yeah right! It was advised to them by Nanashi Mumei! The Guardian of the Civilization! And then she shot me! I admit her bullets was pretty painful.

Gura: No way. I have a beef with one of them too! With the rat one! I think her name was Hakos Baelz.

Kiara: Ooohh the chaos herself. Wait... Don't tell me... It's been a while since I saw an Atlantean after Atlantis got destroyed millennia ago... And you want to find her. Does that mean...

Gura: Yeah! Your right! What you're thinking right now is absolutely correct! I'm telling you if I see that rat, I'm gonna devour her alive.

Kiara: Holy shit really?! I was always curious about what really happened to Atlantis back then. I didn't know it would be Baelz. The leader of the Council herself. But why?

Ame: See? You guys could get along. You just wasted your energy for that unnecessary fight.

Kiara: How about you? What's your deal with the council?

Ame: Well... The Warden of Time is after me because I messed up with the time.

Kiara: Ouro Kronii? What do you mean you mess up with the time?

Ame: You see, I can time travel with this watch. I time travelled multiple times now and I can tell that our future is grim. The council will use their powers to destroy this world in the future. And because I know what they did in the future, the Warden of Time is mad at me. That's why she's after me.

Ame: They are also after you, the Priestess of the Ancient Ones, and the Grim Reaper's first Apprentice because they know we are teaming up to stop them from doing their evil deeds. That's why we're recruiting you before they can get you, to save the world.

Kiara: Woahhh saving the world? that sounds pretty cool. Okay! I'm in! Just don't take Mumei from me, she is my prey. Also, did you mention that Grim Reaper's first apprentice? I know her personally; I can help you with her.

Ame: Ohh nice! It'll save us some time! So where is she?

Kiara: I don't know. Let's check the Underworld. She gave me this key so I could visit her anytime!