Vol. 3 - Chapter 17: The Secret Society

*Gura having a nightmare*

*Human-like figures haunting gura, saying things like why did you kill us, you shouldn't be alive, etc.*

*Gura was then woken up by Ame, shouting. Gura wakes up on the bed instead of the floor.*

Ame: Gura! Are you okay?! You were shouting in your sleep!

Gura: *teary eyed* Watsoooon... *sobs* (Gura hugs Ame)

*Cut to Secret Society*

Lui: No word from Iroha yet?

SS man: no, executive.

Lui: I've lost contact of her. That mission is supposedly quick yet she's still not here. It seems I overestimated her strength.

Advisor: That's why you don't expect too much, you'll just get disappointed. Why don't you take these matters into your own hands instead?

Lui: You're right. I should do this my way.

Advisor: And about Iroha. We should-!

*Iroha barges in all wounded, she saw the brainwashed guards*

(Iroha: These are! The people from my village!)

Advisor: Speak of the devil, here's disappointment herself! We we're just talking about you ninja!

*Iroha angry look*

Lui: What took you so long samurai?

Iroha: The target was a lot stronger than expected de gozaru. I'm sorry I failed the mission.

Lui: I overestimated you too much. I expected a lot from you. Turns out, you're just a weakling who can't even kill a target.

Iroha: ...

Lui: Do you have his whereabouts?

Iroha: N-no... Executive... I... Escaped... Before he could take my life de gozaru...

Advisor: And you call yourself a samurai after that? You're such a pathetic samurai.

Lui: I will take these matters into my own hands. *Talking to SS men* Find and bring Arurandeisu's friends here, we will let this man expose himself and take him down. You disappoint me, Iroha.

Advisor: You know, executive. What was I about to say earlier about Iroha, we should just remove her from the Secret Society.

*Iroha surprised expression turns her head to ame supreme "Advisor"*

Iroha: w-what?

Advisor: I've been suspicious of her ever since she acted hostile towards me. That's why I investigated her a bit. Turns out, she's distracted that's why she can't even accomplish her mission. Her village was attacked by a phoenix and Nanashi Mumei, from the Council, saved her village.

(Iroha: What are you talking about? You're just a new recruit that came out of nowhere what gives you the right to kick me out from our organization. You don't even belong here. I am friends with them and I know them more than you. Yet why are you the one deciding for them..)

Advisor: She thinks she's indebted to her because she saved her village and now rethinking if she should follow the Secret Society or not. She feels guilt. That's why if she's feeling guilty of what the Secret Society is doing, I suggest she should just leave.

Lui: No.

*Iroha turns to Lui with hopeful eyes*

Lui: If that's the case then we should kill her. She knows everything and she might sabotage our plan.

(Iroha: Oh yeah. You manipulated them to become your pawns. For whatever the hell you are planning to do. I won't ever forgive you for that.)

Advisor: Well, if you think so executive. We should kill her before she sides with our enemies. I won't even be surprised if she spared Arurandeisu's life to side with him.

Iroha: I'm... gonna kill you. You manipulated my friends... I won't ever forgive you... For destroying our friendship. Die!

*Iroha charges in to strike their Advisor*

*As she about to strike her, Lui stops her hand with her whip*

Iroha: I knew you were the person under that hood.

Laplus: You're about to commit another offense, samurai.

Advisor: Laplus-sama. I told you don't take off your shackles yet or our goal won't come true. Where is the crow?

Laplus: Locked up. Don't worry, I'll wear it back. Koyori was just trying to find a way to break these shackles and as you can see, it worked.

Advisor: As expected from our professor.

Iroha: Is Koyori also the reason why the villagers of my village are here?

Laplus: Correct. Koyori made a potion the can turn people into Secret Society followers with our advisor's power. And I had Chloe distribute them. She is now distributing it to other places too.

Koyori: Hehe. Aren't you delighted to see that your villagers are now part of Secret Society?

Iroha: Not one bit de gozaru.

Laplus: Now tell me, samurai. Are you really planning on betraying the Secret Society?

Iroha: My only goal is to kill that scar faced blonde to bring back your old selves! Let me go Laplus!

Laplus: I won't let you do that.

*Lui pulls the whip, sending Iroha flying backwards*

Koyori: You know she is a valuable asset of the Secret Society Iroha, we can't let you do that.

Iroha: She's just using you all to accomplish her own goals. You're all a pawn in her own game!

Laplus: She is a trusting comrade that share the same goals as mine.

Iroha: You trust her more than me, even though you know me the longest? We were all friends de gozaru! Until she came into our lives and ruined our friendship!

Advisor: I'm just helping our Laplus-sama to achieve her goals.

Iroha: She's manipulating all of you! You have to snap out of it Laplus!

Laplus: ... I have to tell you this Iroha. Lui, Koyori, and Chloe might've been manipulated. But I am not. I'm sorry.

Iroha: What?

Laplus: What I am doing is out of my own free will. Our advisor reminded me the reason why I came here to Earth, I wanted to achieve that goal.

Iroha: That's why you let that Advisor of yours manipulate my friends!

Laplus: It was a tough decision for me. But it had to be done.

Iroha: *crying* You're not the Laplus that I know. That's why I can tell you this, I will make you pay for what you've done to my friends!

*Iroha throw kunai at the advisor but Laplus uses her power to return the kunai to Iroha, injuring her*

Laplus: I'm sorry Iroha, this must be done.

*Advisor starts manipulating her mind*

Iroha: No! NO! LET GO OF ME!

*Manipulation Successful.*

Laplus: Welcome, Iroha.

Iroha: Yes... My Dark...

Advisor: The Secret Society... is now complete.

- CHAPTER END –