Vol. 5 - Chapter 32: Natural Selection

Calli, Ina, and Gura is walking around Kisarazu city, Chiba, to find Ame. This is the city where Rushia's home is located. You can feel the awkwardness among the three. Ina is walking close to Gura, while Gura is maintaining distance from Calli.

Calli: Don't worry you two, I don't bite.

Gura: Hmph! I'll bite your ass if you come closer to us.

Calli moves closer to the two, on guard.

Gura: What you really wanna bite me on your ass?! Move!

Calli: Shut up for a sec! Do you feel that?

Ina: Y-yeah. The ground is shaking a bit.

Gura: Huh? Earthquake?

The Gates of the Underworld emerges from the ground. It opens up and Mumei's owl form flew up to the sky, to find Kiara. The Council shows up, standing on a floating platform, looking down at the three. Sana forms a force field barrier that covers roughly 4km radius of the area, and portals to evacuate the citizens. Civilians around them started running, some just watched, and others started recording the situation.

Calli: These fuckers again!

Gura: What the heck?!

Hakos Baelz whips out a megaphone so that her voice will be heard by the civilians.

Bae: LISTEEEN EVERYONE! ONCE THAT BARRIER COVERS THE WHOLE AREA, THERE IS NO WAY FOR Y'ALL TO GET OUT. I HIGHLY ADVICE Y'ALL TO LEAVE THE AREA NOW THROUGH THOSE PORTALS. THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GET MESSY AND Y'ALL MIGHT NOT WANNA GET INVOLVED IN THIS CONFLICT.

Depite the warning, the civilians just stared at them and didn't move an inch. Probably because people are waiting for each other to act. This moment was broken when Kiara's phoenix form and Mumei started blasting each other through buildings. The myth saw this and Calli shouted Kiara's name.

Calli: Kiara!

Loud crashes are heard and this struck panic among the people. They now started running through the portal.

Bae: There we go. Y'ALL HAVE 10 MINS BEFORE THE PORTALS CLOSE SO YOU BETTER HURRY!

Gura looks at Hakos Baelz, eyes fueled with anger. Ina looks at Sana, longing for her friend she says her name excitedly the first time she saw her again.

Ina: Sana!

She was glad, however Sana looks at Ina feeling ashamed. Sana looks down to avoid eye contact with Ina. Ina is starting to realize their situation, she felt something is wrong and wanted to talk to her. "What happened when I was being controlled by the Ancient Ones?" "Did I do something to her?" "Did she not want to see me again?" "Why is she avoiding me?" "Are we still friends?" Those were the thoughts Ina had.

Baelz whispers to Sana.

Bae: Go take your friend, Sana. Have a proper talk and tell her what you did, I'm sure she'll understand.

Sana looks at Bae, the look she gave to Bae screams "Can I really do it?"

Bae: Come on now Sana we talked about this. She waited for you all this time, you two have to talk. Go now.

Sana opens a portal beneath Ina and she fell on a different location within the area, Sana follows. Now it's Gura and Calli that's left with Bae, Kronii, and Fauna.

Gura: Where'd she take her?

Bae: That's none of your concern.

Bae throws this glass cube prison at Gura but Gura dodged it. Calli was about to attack the Council but Fauna prevents it by launching Calli far into the air with huge roots came out of the ground. Fauna follows wherever Calli's headed. Calli lands back on Rushia's house, exactly to the room full of plants. Rushia's house is like a mini mansion with a boat dock of its own. The room full of plants is the room where Ame was brought when she died and where she was resurrected.

Calli gets up and faces Fauna head on, she angrily shouts:

Calli: You again?!

Calliope realizes where she was and thought "oh shit this is Rushia-senpai's house... Gomenasai Rushia-senpai!"

Fauna: Uuu what a nice place we landed into. I'm gonna use the plants for a bit, I hope the owner won't get mad.

Calli: I won't forgive you for what you did to Death-sensei!

Fauna: Death had it comin'. He stood in our way and now, he's gone.

Calli: This bitch. Let's settle this here and now. I'm gonna kill YOU!!!!!!

Calli got real mad and charges towards Fauna. But before Calli can land an attack, Fauna stops her by binding her with vines. Calli then releases a death aura, making the vines rot and die. She, once again, charges towards Fauna and