Vol. 5 - Chapter 31: Clashing Talons

As when Kiara was about to stab Mumei, Friend suddenly goes out of her bag and attacks Kiara with feathers (like the one on holocure).

Kiara: Ow ow! Where the heck did you came from you annoying paper bag

Kiara aims her hand to Friend, and burns him down. Mumei is looking at Friend's ashes that's spreading throughout the air.

Mumei: Friend...

Kiara: I can finally get you for getting me killed by that white haired girl, and advicing those villagers to eat me!

Mumei looks at Kiara with piercing glance. Her iris goes upward and her eyes turns completely white. A dark force of energy erupted from Mumei and devours her, the dark energy knocks Kiara off. Kiara looks at Mumei, she sees a dark silhouette with white eyes. The silhouette then grew large sharp teeth. Her mouth is spread up on her cheeks, seemingly smiling, but is pissed. Kiara was stricken with fear, nevertheless she stood up and raises her sword.

Everybody near her area looked at her. Kronii, Ame, and Gura is shocked at the sight.

Kiara: What.. The heck are you?

Dark Mumei summons a mini gun, equipped with iron bullets. She shot Kiara without any mercy.

Gura and Ame rushes to Kiara's aid. But as they run towards to Kiara, the three of them both suddenly disappeared. Dark Mumei continues to shower Kiara with bullets.

Kiara: Ow ow ow! Are those iron bullets?!

Kiara uses her shield to block the bullets. However, Mumei changed her weapon into a grenade launcher.

Kiara: Shit shit shit!

Kiara once again is knocked by the explosion. Mumei goes near to Kiara with a revolver and aims at Kiara's head.

Kiara: What did I just awakened? What are you?!

Dark Mumei shoots Kiara in the head. Repeatedly until she turns into ashes.

Calli and Fauna got a glance of this and both uttered their name, but in different intonation.

Calli: Kiara!

Fauna: Mumei?

Calli tries to rushes at Mumei, but Fauna blocks her and sent her flying out of the area. Fauna takes a look at Mumei's creepy face.

Fauna: Mumei...

Fauna is worried, but she has to capture the Grim Reaper's first apprentice. Fauna then promises to Mumei.

Fauna: I'll bring you back, let me capture her first.

Fauna then goes towards the direction where Calli is sent flying. Mumei puts away her weapon, and turns her back from Kiara. Kiara started to resurrect from the ashes. Looking angry. Kiara then shouts at Mumei.

Kiara: You will pay for that! I will-!

Mumei shoots Kiara with a shotgun repeatedly until she turns into ashes again. Kiara once again resurrects from the ashes, but this time in her phoenix form. Her fear of Mumei turned into anger.

Mumei tries to shoot her down with a rifle, but Kiara is gliding sideways, dodging the bullets. Kiara then breathes fire onto Mumei, then grabs her by her talons and tosses Mumei into the sky. Mumei is quick to transform into a dark owl. However, Kiara has the advantage on the skies. Kiara flies around Mumei in circles repeatedly while clawing her.

By flying in circles, Kiara manages to summon a fire whirl below Mumei. This whirl then turns into tornado. Mumei is knocked out by the fire tornado. Kiara follows Mumei mid air and continues to breathe fire on her. As Mumei crashed on a floor, Kiara landed on her and clawed her continuously. Kiara then does a backflip, sending Mumei flying away in a building in front of them. Kiara transforms to her human form as she landed the backflip.