Chapter 5. A friend in need

"...." Silent muttering of prayers in inaudible sounds.

The rustling of the leaves where the noise among the grazing of the tree barks and the howling of the night crawlers.

A hefty, hairy and half-clothed man was chanting some unholy chants with his glared visions towards the hawan kund.

(Hawan Kund – sacred fire pit)

The dark and blue clouds where glistening with the thunder and lightning, forcing the grizzlies to avoid the earth.

Small sweats were forming on the ash clad forehead of the man, creasing his brows more.

The fire was glazing with more intensity.

Whoosh....

"No!!!!"

Sonia got up with a jolt.

Mrs. Menon barged in her daughter's room, quickly approaching Sonia. Who was shocked and holding her duvet, shivering.

"Sonia, what happened, dear?!! Why did you shout?" Mrs. Menon inquired looking at the shivering Sonia, who was equally puzzled.

Sonia looked at her mom only at the second call of her mom with quivering lips.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Her mom enquired whilst caressing her head.

"......" Sonia gave a frightened look to her mom.

"I-I a-am o-ok, M-mom" Sonia was shivering with the thought of her nightmare.

"Here, drink this." Her mom handed her a glass of water.

Quenching her thirst, Sonia relaxed a bit.

Gathering her thought, she told "I am okay, Mom. Just had a bad dream. Don't worry. I am just a little stressed. That's all." She managed a smiled for her worried Mom.

"Ok. Just for assurance. I will lie down with you. Hm?" her mom said to her.

"It's ok. Mom. I said I am fine. Don't worry. Moreover, you won't be able to sleep peacefully here."

"I promise mom. I am fine. Hm?" She gave her mom assurance and dragged her towards her parent's room.

"B-But..." Her mom kept saying whilst being dragged to her room.

"Mom!!" she smiled at her mom, weakly. Sonia knew how much her mom had to care for each of her family member and their needs. Mom used to work from sunrise to sundown, nonstop. So, she didn't want her mother to unnecessarily worry for her.

After She successfully sent her mom to her room, she gave a thought of her frequent nightmare. She was puzzled as in this particular nightmare was quite frequent from the past so many days.

The problem was that she couldn't think of anyone, with whom she can share this with.

In Nair's Office.

"So, you are saying we need to reduce our present quote value by 20% to get their order?" Vinay enquired with his assistant.

"Sir, they have been our very trusted and old client. And we are also getting bulk orders..." His assistant said trying to convince his boss.

Vinay glared at him and chewed it inner cheeks. "Exactly. They are our OLD clients. If we stick to the past, do you think we can progress. Mr. Patil, we are not reducing our quote value for them, even if get bulk order from them. That's final. Okay?"

"B-but, Sir... Don't you think we should ask Mr. Nair about this?" Mr. Patil asked his young boss.

"Mr. Patil, my father has given me the responsibility of handling our current projects. That is exactly what I am doing. So, you do your job and get me the fresh prints of their quotation. Got it?" Vinay gave him a straight order.