Chapter 8. Sonia's duality

At Menon's residence

"So, how is your friend?" Mrs. Menon inquired with Sonia as she entered the house.

"What friend, Mom?" Sonia shrugged her shoulders by slumping on the sofa.

"Tanya, where you not supposed to console her?" Her mom quizzed her.

"Oh... yes Tanya... Um...She is fine.... Just dropped her at the station..." Sonia again covered with a lie.

Somehow, her mom bought her lie and suggested her to retire to her room and refresh herself.

When Sonia reached her room, she was feeling very guilty on lying on and on to her family. She was never like that.

She decided it was high time for her to introduce Ronny to her family. At least they can recognise his importance in her life. And maybe with time accept him as her suitor.

She was always hoping for the best from her family. She knew for sure that her family would never disappoint her.

Before she could retire to her room after a tiring day, her mom stopped her asking.

"So, did you meet Reena? She called you but since you didn't pick the call, she called me about your whereabouts."

"Yeah, I did. We arranged for the same. Mom, I am really tired, can I just go and sleep, please!" Sonia gave a pouty look to her mom.

Meera just smiled and patted her hair, kissing it.

Somehow, she couldn't understand what happened today.

Flashback:

"Why are you so late? And what was that attitude that you showed, huh? I am telling you don't you ever talk to me like that?" Ronny shouted at her the minute she landed in his apartment.

Sonia pinched her nose bridge and straightened herself with an exhausted look "Or what? Hm."

"Tell me, Ronny! Or What?" She marched at him with an angry look.

They just shared angry glances at each other.

Finally, Ronny understood this was going too far and he needs to take the situation under control.

Suddenly he hugged her.

"Look, I missed you, ok. I hate it that when you spend too much time with others than with me!" Ronny gave a pleading look to her.

Sonia just exasperated at his jealousy and possessiveness. "I was with my family. They are equally important to me. Why don't you understand that!" She removed herself from his grip.

"Fine. Since you are here. let's go outside. It's been long since we went to a proper date. Hmm...?" Ronny tried to divert the topic.

"Ok. But only for coffee. I can't stay longer." Sonia agreed

"Hmm... Ok. Whatever you wish, babe." Ronny smiled and hugged her.

Sonia shaked her head at his changing mood.

At the café.

"So, when is your get together at the community. Hope I could see your parents then." Ronny enquired with her.

"Um... It's only for the community members, outsiders are not allowed. I guess." Sonia mindlessly said it, realising her blunder.

"I mean... We can meet my parents at home. Why somewhere else. Right?" Sonia gathered her thoughts to convince him.