Chapter 18. An eye kiss

The next day morning

The dining hall

The family was having their breakfast relaxing themselves from the hustle and bustle of the yesterday's wedding fiesta.

Sonia was sitting with Rekha and Reena conversing on the dance routine that they had to perform for the evening program specially designed for the newlyweds.

Suddenly Veena was getting restless and started crying on Reena's lap. So, to calm her down, she took her to the garden area with her food. Since Sonia was busy discussing with Rekha, she didn't realise that someone had sat in Reena's place to have breakfast.

"Mom, do we have fruits? I wanted something light today." The voice called out from his seat.

Sonia was bewildered at the voice and looked at the person who was himself shocked.

They gazed at each other again. Until...

"Vinay, here you go. You can have this fruit salad. I knew about it so I prepared them specially for you." Mrs. Nandini Nair spoke passing him the fruit bowl.

Vinay looked at his mom and nodded. He realised that it was too late to get up from the seat beside Sonia. So, he continued to have his breakfast without paying any attention to Sonia.

Sonia also ignored him for better.

But she thought about the incident that happened on the terrace between her and Ronny. And how Vinay was able to save her on time.

She wanted to gratify him for the same, so she decided to thank him after having their breakfast.

At the garden area

Vinay was talking on the phone with his assistant regarding the meeting that they had to attend after they would go back.

He realised someone standing behind him. As he was aware of her jasmine scent lingering in the atmosphere when she had entered the garden area.

He slightly smiled but didn't turn to face her as if waiting for her to take the first step.

Sonia cleared her throat to grab his attention but to her disappointment he didn't respond.

She tried again but in vain.

She walked little near to him and again cleared her throat.

He was enjoying her little struggle.

Finally, she spoke.

"Mr. Vinay, I wanted to speak to you about something."

He finally turned his attention to her, cutting his call and looked at her in waiting.

Sonia became wide eyed at his aura and looked at him as he was towering her.

She didn't realise that they were actually standing too close for comfort.

"Umm.... I-I wa-wanted to-to tha-thank yo-u." She somehow finished her sentence amazing herself, giving her weird smile to him.

He scrunched his eyebrow at her smile and bend down to her eye level and asked in a soft tone.

"About what?"

She bended back and widened her eyes. She gathered her hand towards her chest and clutched them together.

"Hm?" he asked again.

"Uh..." she was going blank at his gaze and getting scared at his closeness.

She looked sideways to remember what she wanted to thank him for.