Chapter 22. The Made Man⚠️

⚠️Slightly disturbing scene ahead, if you are not comfortable with it. I advise you to skip this part and move to the part after the danger sign.

Vinay was standing near the window of his room watching the moon. The whole night Vinay was thinking about what Rekha had asked him. Was he in love with her? Why was he not able to avoid her?

He remembered the time when she had come on the terrace to thank him. Her face had a different demure. Her doe eyes, her rose petals shaped lips, round cheeks. Her scent. He was falling in love with her scent.

And above all was her big and kind heart which would never shy away from helping anyone in need. She was a responsible daughter, caring sister, wonderful friend - a perfect human being.

He imagined to hold her in his embrace tightly and never let her go. Her scent had the power to control his emotions.

He smiled at that thought, but he then remembered the scene he had witnessed on the pre-wedding, where he saw her with Ronny. He realised that he was wrong in getting these feelings about her. She was somebody's girlfriend; he had no authority on her.

He should forget his feelings about her. She will never feel this way with him.

Will she?

Shunning his thoughts, he went to do his night routine and hit the slumber.

The next day morning

The Nair family were leaving for Mumbai and were bidding their goodbyes to the people in the mansion.

When Rekha jogged towards Vinay and smiled at him.

Vinay too returned her smile with a side hug. She was surprised at his gesture but was happy at his changing behaviour.

"Mr. Yashuu! Are you planning to kill me? I can take only certain level of cuteness! Ok. So please let's take only baby steps." Rekha cutely scolded him, gaining a hearty smile from him.

Vinay nodded at her and looked behind her to find the most endearing sight.

Sonia had approached them to bid her goodbyes to the parting family members.

Nandini Nair and Reena simultaneously hugged her, advising her to take rest after yesterday's incident. She just nodded at their concern with a weak smile. Vinod patted her head and smiled ensuring her good health. Mr. Nair side hugged her and patted her head.

Grandfather stood at the entrance with his walking stick.

He saw the Nair family approaching him to bid their goodbyes.

He blessed each one of them for a safe flight. When Vinay approached him to take his blessings, Grandpa held him up for a tight hug and thanked him for saving his precious princess.

Vinay was taken aback by his gesture and nodded his head in gratitude.

Sonia finally looked at Vinay, wherein he just smiled at her and nodded at her.

She smiled at him weakly in return.

He turned back to enter the car to leave for the airport. He looked back and felt that something was not right. He so wanted to stay back and console her but he remembered the promise that he made to himself last night. He just ignored his feelings and sat in the car to drive off back to Mumbai.