Chapter 40. The most awaited Marriage - SoVin or...?

The next day

The day of the marriage

At Menon's residence

Everyone was getting ready to move to the convention hall as the muhuratham was till 11 am.

Sonia had left earlier around 5 am with Rekha as she had to do her makeup and hair.

Mr. and Mrs. Menon went after half an hour as they had to attend to all the guest who would start arriving in the hall.

Sameer was talking with someone as he seated himself in the car alongwith Latha to move to the hall.

At the Nair Residence

Vinay was getting ready in his room, when his father entered his room. His father told him to seat himself on the bed and started talking

"Child, I know I have not been the best father to you, but I have tried to make everyone in the family happy and tried to provide them with all the necessity in my reach."

Vinay was looking at him saddened as he never thought that his father carried so much burden.

"I know I have not given you the best in education or been able to fulfil your each and every needs. But I have tried to keep you safe from all the dangers that would threaten your life. In this process, maybe I have kept you away from your family, but it was for your own good. I didn't want you to know the hardship that this family faced. You were very precious to burden such responsibilities!"

Vinay's eyes watered at his words. He shaked his head with guilt as his father continued.

"But now, over these few months you have shown me that you have changed and become the man that I wanted you to be for a long time. A person who is responsible, caring and understanding. A caring son, a responsible brother and now you have to become a responsible husband,"

Vinay looked at him shaking his eyes trying to understand his father's words.

"Sonia is a very delicate girl. I have seen that child grow right in front of my eyes. She has been pampered and given everything before she even wished for it. She is the apple of her father's eyes. The sunshine of her family. So, you should be careful to not hurt her or make her uncomfortable in any manner. She should get the same amount of love and care from you as she has been receiving from her family," Mr. Nair looked for a response from Vinay.

Vinay clutched his father's hands in his and spoke

"I am your son, dad. If you have sacrificed so much for the family. For their happiness, their safety, their wellbeing. Do you think I would not do the same for her, my wife?"

Vinay looked down and huffed saying

"I love her, dad. From the first time I saw her my love has only grown. I may not be able to give her the same amount of love that her family gives. But I will give her the world just to make her smile. I promise you, dad."

Mr. Nair was satisfied with Vinay's words and patted his shoulders.

At the Convention Hall

In the dressing room

Sonia was doing the final touches to her hair and makeup while Rekha was trying to pack her bags, as the bride and groom were planned to go to Maldives for their honeymoon.

"Reh, are the bags packed? The groom party had arrived. We can start with the bridal dress immediately." Mrs. Pillai approached the besties.

Rekha nodded her head smilingly looking at Sonia with a serious look.