Chapter 35. Hide and seek

As they were talking, Vinay's phone ranged showing his dad's number. He was puzzled as his dad would never call him.

"Yes, Mr. Nair? What do you want?" he asked in an anger tone.

"Vinay, come back here this instant! I don't want to hear any of your excuses." His father commanded him from the other side of the phone.

"Why? So that you can control even more! I am not coming back there, Mr. Nair! Do what you want to do!" he barked on the phone.

Shiva was not understanding that how he can talk to his dad first by addressing him by his name and secondly so rudely.

"Vinay, we are in big trouble because of the incident that happened in Mysore. Please come back child. We are worried about you!" Mrs. Nair spoke from the phone crying.

Vinay couldn't take his mother's teary voice and assured her that he would land up the next day.

His father told him that he would send his car as flight was not safe for him at that time.

Vinay agreed to his demand for the sake of his mother.

He had seen his mother suffer for long because of his father's rules and regulations. His father's attempt to control his family use to always irritate him.

He was angry at his father for a long time. Ever since he had sent him to boarding school till the time he went to college.

Vinay had obtained a hatred for his father thinking that his father was responsible for separating him from his family.

In Mumbai

Nair's residence

Vinay was sitting in his room looking outside the balcony recalling the events that had occurred in his life.

After the event, he couldn't peacefully sleep at nights. He used to get constant nightmares.

At times, he could sense Hanisa in their house near the university, so he used to always stay away from the house.

When he reached Mumbai, he tried to sleep the other night only to jolt up from his sleep screaming.

His mother rushed in his room hearing his scream and hugged him. He caught hold of her arm and used to cry continuously till he fell asleep.

His parents were worried about his current state and decided to show him to a therapist.

At the therapist

Vinay was lying down on the couch listening to the therapist and following his instructions.

Each and every question asked by the therapist would lead him to shed more tears.

So every time, he used to visit the therapist, it used to drain him out mentally.

The other day when he went to the therapist, he told him that the only way he could find peace was to make himself pull from the past. The fact that was hindering in his mind was only overtaking his present serenity.

He thought about the things which was shared by the therapist. He realised that his past was only filled with Hanisa.

He closed his eyes at the instructions of the therapist and the only thing he could see was his Nisa dancing, twirling and moving rhythmically to the beats of the music. The way she used to hold him, her touch, her stance, her walk, even her way of talking was rhythmic.

He opened his eyes and realised that the only way he could forget her and her presence in his life was to forget the one thing that could define her – dance.