Chapter 21. Brave Little Sonia II

Flashback continues

The next day

Little Sonia's room

Little Sonia cradled in her mom's lap and was crying badly. She was not calming down, making her mom tensed.

She had tried everything to calm her daughter but she was getting more scared. The event had traumatised her badly.

Little Rekha was in her mom's lap watching her bestie crumpling in her mother's lap with teary eyes.

She looked at her mom and asked why her bestie was not calming down. Rekha's mom told her that since she is brave, she wanted to protect her bestie with all her braveness. In the process, she had lost her braveness, she just needs to find it.

Little Rekha got up from her mother's lap and walked towards her bestie. She called her out and pleaded her to play with her so that she can divert her fear.

She even told her that she would help little Sonia to get her bravery back. She would help her find it. But little Sonia was not budging from her mother's lap.

Little Rekha thought for a while and ran outside the room.

In the living room

"Mr. Menon, we have to seal the area for further investigation. Hope we are not causing you any trouble." The sub inspector of the area expressed his opinion on the matter.

Since, Mr. Menon's ancestral land would fall under the laws of the village, he had to take the help of the local authorities. So, he contacted his most trusted accomplice.

The sub inspector was aware of the Menon's way of handling the situation. So, it was not a novel thing for him to deal with such situations.

Mr. Menon had his connections which had helped the locals and its law-abiders to deal with such nuisances. He had his own way of approaching certain situations if the law was not able to deliver the justice in time. He would do it in his style.

"Ok, then Mr. Menon, guess I will take my leave. You have to look after your family, as they have gone through a traumatic experience. We will contact you in case of any issues. Have a nice day." Saying so the sub inspector left from the mansion.

Just then little Rekha came running towards grandfather crying. He caught hold of her and cradled her in his arms asking her about her sorrow.

"Appupa, Appupa, Nia is not speaking with me. Please come with me and talk to her into speaking to me. Please, Appupa..." Rekha managed to speak in between her sobs.

Grandfather took her towards little Sonia's room and was disheartened at the sight in front of him.

He went near the mother and daughter duo and called Sonia softly.

"Nia, my child, look at Appupa. See your bestie wants to talk to you. Look at me, child."

Sonia shaked her head in between her sobs and didn't look at either of them. She just continued to cradle her mother and didn't want to face anyone.

She jerked with every sob and didn't leave her mother's arms.

Grandfather then slowly took her from Mrs. Menon's arms and continued to cradle her in his arms.

She snuggled more into his chest and cried slowly.

Then Grandfather started singing the lullaby that he used to sing to her when she was a baby.