Chapter 49. The Disastrous Company

The next day

The trio went to the factory where Ronny's father had worked.

"Mr., Can we meet the owner of the factory?" Vinay asked one of the workers who was busy shifting the load into the godown.

The worker looked at them and showed them the office space inside the factory.

The trio went inside and waited for entry into the office.

After some time, they were told to come inside the office.

A middle-aged man was seated at the main chair looking through his PC. He saw them entering his cabin and welcomed them to seat themselves comfortably.

"Mr. we are here to enquire about Mr. Das, who had worked in your factory few years. 7 years back his entire family died in a house fire. Do you know anything about Mr. Das or his family?" Vinay asked.

The man tried to remember the information given by Vinay. He suddenly looked at them and spoke

"You mean to say Mr. Rajan Das. He was not my employee. He was one of the partners of the factory."

Vinay looked at him perplexed. He further enquired "How come? Did you take over his business after his death?"

The man laughed a bit and said "Oh no, nobody could take over that business! It was cursed before it started!"

The trio listened attentively to the man.

"It was 15 years back, Mr. Das had partnered with his old friends to start a new venture which would dominate the business world in the field of construction, plywood and plumbing. So, an overall champion in the field of hospitality industry."

"Everything was going fine. They were earning profits with goodwill in a fastrack. Many businessmen wanted to become their clients. But as they say that nothing last long. Money makes even the purest of man evil. That's what happened with the partners. One of them wanted all the profits for himself."

Vinay somewhat understood the context.

"One night, one of the business partners caught Mr. Das trying to import illegal materials to the godown. They had a heated argument, which led to Mr. Das stating to forfeit from the partnership."

"The other partners tried to convince Mr. Das to not leave the partnership. But he was adamant, he said that he is the one who brings in the profits which was mercilessly enjoyed by them. This triggered their loyalty more and eventually they decided to forfeit Mr. Das partnership from their business after being together as partners, for 6 years."

"Mr. Das opened his own individual firm continuing his illegal activities. But it didn't last long as his shipment was seized by the customs. He had a major loss which led him to a mental trauma."

"His other partners were aware of his dealings with illegal traders and had warned him long back to stop it. But he wanted to make easy money and counterattack their business. Proving to them that they were worthless without him."

"The continuing loss had a toll on his personal life. He started doing all that a decent man would think 100 times before doing. He became self-centered on solving his problems by going the devil's way."

"His family was the one who suffered the most. He used to have daily fights with them and used to end in the streets drunk."

"He became mad when he suffered bankruptcy. In his madness he set fire to his house trying to kill himself and his family."