Chapter 20. Brave Little Sonia I

⚠️Slightly disturbing scene ahead, if you are not comfortable with it. I advise you to skip this part and move to the next chapter. I have put warning sign at the start and end of the scene ⚠️

At Mumbai airport

Ronny had reached Mumbai and called his friend to pick him from there to his apartment.

He was shocked at Sonia's behaviour. Never had she behaved in such a manner. He was wondering from where or rather from whom had she suddenly got the courage to go against him. He had not left any stone unturned.

He wanted to proceed with his plan to trap her in his web by marrying her.

But her sudden burst of emotions would only delay his plans.

He wanted to make a comeback in her life.

Such a comeback which would not only bind her to him but also protect him.

"Hey man, what happened? I thought you would land after another 3 days with your wife." The person mockingly asked him.

Ronny just glared at him signalling him to start the car.

He wanted some alone time to think his next plan of action to win Ms. Sonia Menon back.

At the Menon mansion

"The kids have gone for almost 2 hours. Do you think we should call either of them?" Mrs. Nair tensed and asked the elders seated on the sofa in the living room.

"I think you are right Nandini. We should call them. I will try Sonia's number." Saying so Mrs. Menon dialled her daughter's number.

In the woods

Latha was sitting on a nearby rock balancing herself and having a drink of water.

Sameer came to her and asked her whether she was tired and patted her head.

Vinod was looking for the second team as they had reached the starting point ten minutes earlier from the assigned time slot.

"What is taking them so long? It is almost sunset. Tsk, Sameer I think we should call either of them just to check their whereabouts. What say?" Vinod asked Sameer.

Sameer nodded and dialled Sonia's number but was not getting connected.

He shrugged and reached out to Vinod telling him to try Vinay's number.

The second team comprising of Vinay, Rekha and Sonia seems to have lost their way as they were rounding at the same spot over and over again.

Vinay stood at the spot and tried to remember their trace back.

The girls were exhausted and were resting at a nearby tree shade.

"Mr. Yashuu, I think we should retreat and call the first team. We should get back home soon. It is getting dark." Rekha suggested.

Sonia looked at the clouds moving towards a darker shade and started to get tensed.

She looked down and started mumbling inaudible words.

Rekha looked at her bestie and caught hold of her hand to calm her down.

Vinay came back towards them and spoke.

"I am not able to reach to either of the numbers. Neither Bro nor Sameer. I think we should call home. Rekha, do you have the mansion number?"

Rekha nodded and started dialling the mansion landline. She was not getting the range so she signalled at Vinay to be near Sonia.