Chapter 24. Her Saviour

Ronny was able to return to his healthy self in few days, as Sonia was taking good care of him.

She used to leave early from her workplace and go to his apartment to take care of him. She used to make sure that he had his meals and medicines on time.

She didn't want him to suffer more because of her. The guilt was eating her from inside.

In the evening

"Hey, Nia. Where are you? I am back from my office trip. Let's meet up at our usual café in 10 minutes. Is it okay with you?" Rekha spoke from the other side of the phone.

Sonia hummed in agreement as she wanted to tell her bestie about the past days event. She also wanted her help in convincing her parents to agree on her marriage proposal with Ronny.

At the café

"Hey buddy, it is been so long since we talked with each other. I am sorry I had to leave so urgently. You know office work. I just couldn't avoid it." Rekha chimed in her usual jolly manner.

She looked at Sonia to find her gloomy and guessed that she was still shocked after the Kerala incident.

"Look, Sonia it was just an accident. Mr. Yashhu was not aware of your situation. Otherwise, he would have never left you like that. Trust me. It was my fault to leave you like that, even after knowing your situation. I am sorry, Nia."

Sonia shaked her head denying her statements saying, "It's not about that. I am thankful to both of you for helping me survive my trauma. It would have been worse, if you both would have not been there. So, thank you, Reh."

Rekha was happy that at least now her bestie was able to understand the real impression of Vinay. She wanted her badly to connect with him as Rekha thought that no one is as good match for her bestie than Vinay. Thinking of her besties possible union she was getting joyful from inside.

Sonia mustered her courage and spoke, "I am getting married..." Rekha's face beamed with happiness until...

".... with Ronny. I want your help to convince my family regarding this. Please help me, Reh."

Rekha's face dropped an octave listening to her bestie's blabber. She could hear only 'marriage.... Ronny...' She glared at her and went silent pursing her lips.

Sonia was confused at her bestie's silence. She waited for a few minutes to get her response, but Rekha just tilted her head sideways ignoring her.

"Reh, say something." Sonia called her.

Rekha bit her cheeks and took a deep breath finally speaking

"What do you want me to tell, hm...? That I am happy that my bestie, is finally marrying a complete crackhead, a self-centered mor*n, who doesn't care about anyone but himself, huh...! tell me, Ms. Sonia. What do you want me to tell, hm...?" she shot an angry glare at her.

Sonia looked down and tears started to pool down her eyes. Seeing that Rekha closed her eyes in regret of her words and spoke.

"Nia, what happened, huh...? Why the sudden hurry to marry him? Tell me."

Sonia gathered herself and said, "Ronny attempted suicide. He was in the hospital for three days."

Rekha was completely shocked at her words. As she never thought him to take such a cunning step to trap her bestie.

She huffed and sat back in her seat, looking at her bestie with concern. She knew that Ronny was successful in trapping her fully. She was also convinced that the marriage proposal would have been put forward by Sonia only, being tricked by Ronny.