Chapter 15. The third wheel

The next day the Pillai family reached the Menon Mansion at noon.

The family members were supposed to visit the ancestral temple in the evening.

It was tradition in their village for all the new couple to get the blessings before their holy matrimony. The Menon family was following this tradition for a long time.

One by one all the members reached for the temple. The Menon and Pillai family reached the temple first followed by the Nair family. Sonia, Rekha and the new couple were supposed to arrive in the same car.

Sameer and Latha got out of the car with Rekha. Sonia was adjusting her saree as she was not used to wearing a saree.

Finally, she got out of the car carrying the puja basket.

The evening sun rays were gleaming on her skin making it glow like honey. Her hair was shining with a natural lustre giving a gold like glimmer. She clutched onto the temple gate and tilted at the sunlit sky closing her eyelids with a slight smile.

 She clutched onto the temple gate and tilted at the sunlit sky closing her eyelids with a slight smile

Vinay glanced at her from the temple entrance, reminiscing a memory.

He followed the others inside the temple.

The new couple were seeking the blessings from the head priest who was mumbling holy chants shaking the sacred leaf over their heads

Sonia was standing adjacent to Rekha and Nandini Nair.

She was feeling happy at the sight, when she accidently glanced at her left side. She was shocked to see Vinay turning his face at the right time to stare at her. He was standing pretty close to her.

She immediately looked away making him angry.

She gripped Rekha's hand and looked down. Rekha noticed her uneasiness and pulled her hand asking for the reason.

Sonia just smiled weakly and shaked her head.

After the rituals got over, the family started off to the mansion.