Chapter 26. The party

For a few days, everything was going well with Sonia and Ronny. He was being more subtle with her in his talks and action which surprised Sonia. But she was thankful at his changing behaviour.

She so wanted her family to accept Ronny as her suitor.

As planned, they were supposed meet her family the next day of her Appupa's arrival, but Ronny had a family emergency. So, he had to travel to his hometown for few days. He said that they will have their talk with the family, once he returns.

On Friday

Nair's office

Vinay's cabin

Vinay was discussing the upcoming projects details with his assistant and taking notes of the possible changes from their company side.

When the intercom ranged and was picked by his assistant, Mr. Patil.

It seems he had some guests who wanted to meet him urgently.

Hearing the names of his guest, he mentally face-palmed.

"Mr. Yashuu, sorry to disturb you but this is kind of urgent. So, can we talk...?" Rekha peeped from behind Mr. Patil, having Sonia along with her.

Vinay nodded and told his assistant to give them some privacy.

Both the bestie seated themselves opposite to him. Vinay was glaring at Rekha as he remembered his talk with her the other night. Rekha gave an apologetic smile at him. Vinay shaked in head in denial and shifted his gaze at Sonia.

Vinay was observing Sonia, as she was still looking pale.

"Mr. Yashuu. As I told you the blunder that I have caused, can we think of any other alternative?" Rekha asked.

Vinay hummed and spoke, "So, it seems. You have done a blunder, but not to that extent. Since we still have our family members away from your blunders!" Rekha pouted at his words.

Sonia who was silent the whole time, looked at him and spoke

"Mr. Vinay, I know I am not your close friend or relative. But... I am helpless. I need your help regarding my situation."

"And what may be the situation, Ms. Sonia." Vinay asked her, not straying away from her eyes.

Sonia looked down helplessly and spoke.

"I want your help to marry Ronny."

At this Vinay gave a hearty laugh titling his head back. Rekha got annoyed at his sudden behaviour.

He gathered himself and asked her mockingly

"Ms. Sonia, why would you need my help for a wedding? Do I look like a priest to you?!"

Sonia looked at him with tears in her eyes and was shocked.

Rekha glared at him and spoke

"Mr. Yashuu! What are you sayin..." He raised his index finger at Rekha to silence her without taking his eyes off Sonia.

"Ms. Sonia, you should approach your family for your personal matters, not me" He glared at her making his point.

Rekha spoke trying to convince him, "Mr. Yashuu, as I told you, her family will not allow her for a love marriage. So, we want your help to convince them about Ronny. As your families are close friends. And also, it seems that Nia's family has a liking towards you and Vinod anna. So, we approached you, as we couldn't think of anyone else than you!"