Chapter 50. Back home

Mrs. Nair was sitting on the couch playing with Veena. Sonia came there and took Veena in her arms. The child rested her head on Sonia's chest and started playing with her chain.

Mrs. Nair went from the living room smilingly to resume with her other chores.

Seeing that Veena was sleeping, Sonia slowly picked her and took her to her room to make her sleep comfortably.

She put the sleeping Veena in her crib. She went to pick a book which was kept on the bedside table and started reading it while relaxing in an armchair beside Veena's crib.

It was afternoon time; Sonia had dozed off while reading the book. She jolted at the gurgling sound made by Veena who was putting her chubby hands in her mouth.

Sonia smiled at her and picked her up in her lap.

"Is my baby hungry? Hm...? Let's get you something delicious to eat, shall we?" Sonia blabbered in baby talks bobbing her nose with Veena's button nose.

The child giggled at her aunt's baby talks. Sonia took her outside in the living room and found no one. She then remembered Reena giving her baby food. She thought to call her but Veena was suddenly becoming restless.

So, she went to the kitchen and searched the cabinets to find baby food. Luckily, she found some which was freshly opened. She checked the dates and the content of the box. She then poured the already boiled milk in a bowl and the box content mixing them with a spoon. She then prepared the formula, pouring it in Veena's baby bottle and checked for the temperature of the same in her arms.

She did all this with Veena cradling in her other arms, lightly bouncing her up and down.

She then went to the living room with the formula and sat with Veena in her lap. She fed the baby who was comfortable enjoying her food looking at her aunt.

Sonia was smiling lovingly at the baby.

Mrs. Nair watched Sonia do all this when she had heard Veena's noise from the corridor. She wanted to relieve Sonia and feed Veena herself. But when she saw how Sonia effortlessly did all the chores with Veena on her hips, she was content.

She smilingly came beside the aunt and niece duo, sitting beside them.

Sonia smiled at her mom-in-law while feeding Veena.

"I must say you are a pro in this! Where did you learn to do this?" Mrs. Nair asked the smiling Sonia.

"I don't know, I guess I just didn't want her to be huffy. I know how hungry you can get after a nap." Sonia looked at her with a confused look.

"I saw Chech making her formula at times. She used to tell that you should always check the type of food that you give to a child. Coz it might affect their system. I also used to always check the dates and contents of the foods that I used to buy. So..." Mrs. Nair was amazed at her reply.

"Vinay is blessed to have you as his life partner. I can now be assured." Mrs. Nair blessed her by caressing Sonia's hair.

Sonia felt bad at her words, but she smiled to assure her.

In the evening

Nair Office

Vinay was getting ready to leave for the day, when he was called by his father in his cabin

In Mr. Nair's cabin

Mr. Menon and Sameer were sitting and discussing their project with Mr. Nair. Vinay joined them and sat on one of the chairs.