Chapter 41. Mr and Mrs. Vinay Nair

At the convention hall

At the beat the nadaswaram, everyone looked at the start of the mandapa and were relieved to finally see the person they were all waiting for.

Sonia looked at the person striding towards and accompanying the groom's seat. He looked at her and smiled lovingly.

She gave a horrified look to Rekha who was standing behind her, who was equally puzzled.

The high priest began the holy rituals to bind the bride and groom in holy matrimony.

Vinay looked at Rekha and nodded slightly to which she pressed Sonia's shoulder signalling her to go with the flow.

Sonia looked down and glared at the Veli burning like the fire which was burning inside her.

The high priest was narrating the holy chants doing the wedding rituals, in between instructing Vinay and Sonia to follow certain gestures as his.

After spelling the holy mantras, he instructed them to go around the Veli three times and then Vinay would tie the Thaali(yellow necklace) around the bride's neck.

When Vinay got up from his seat, he saw that Sonia was still sitting in her seat. He signalled Rekha to make her get up, Rekha patted Sonia's shoulder to follow suit.

After their pheras, both of them sat back in their seats. Vinay took the Thaali and came near Sonia to tie it. When he came close to her, Sonia whispered looking straight in his eyes

"Why?" for which he looked in her eyes and spoke

"Trust me," And tied the thaali onto her neck, noticing the tears flowing from her eyes. He gave a stern look at her and backed off after tying the thaali.

Sonia just flowed her tears nonstop gritting her teeth. Vinay was observing her state and looked at Rekha who blinked her eyes assuring him that everything would be fine.

The bride's father would hand over his daughter's hand in the hands of the groom signifying the handing of the responsibilities of his daughter over to him