Chapter 39. The Wedding begins!

Two days before the wedding

At Menon's house

Rekha was jogging from the kitchen to the living room to place all the wrappers to pack the return gifts for the family and friends.

Rekha had invited their college and office friends to engage in the pre wedding preparations.

Rekha was smiling from ear to ear as finally her bestie was getting married.

So, every evening, she used to land up in the Menon residence to help them with the wedding preparations.

Mrs. Menon was content to have her participate with so much joy and cheerfulness.

Sonia was sitting on the dining table drinking her tea when she got a call from Ronny to meet her in the café.

As she was about to leave, she informed Rekha. Rekha immediately left whatever she was doing and told her that she would also tag along. Sonia was okay with this as she didn't want to travel alone at night.

At the café.

They went to the café and saw Ronny sitting with an unknown person chatting with him.

They approached him and sat opposite to him and his friend.

Ronny introduced his friend as his colleague who wanted to meet his girlfriend who would presumably become his wife in a few days.

As they were conversing, Rekha was smelling something fishy about this friend.

After the friend left, Ronny spoke

"So, I will be invited to the wedding and when you will be waiting for that Vinay. I will be in standby as your saviour, ok?"

Sonia nodded at his words. Rekha just gave him her fake smile as an assurance!

Ronny then continued.

"And, when he won't show up for almost 10-15 minutes, I will come forward saying that 'I will marry her as I will not let anyone humiliate my friend's family pride', right? and then you can do your drama of crying your eyes out with embarrassment! hm...?"

Sonia was acknowledging him

After discussing their plan, they left from the café.

Sonia was feeling content after discussing the plan with Ronny and was smiling all the while they were driving back.

Rekha looked at her and asked

"What is it, Nia? You can't seem to stop smiling! What is the reason?"

"It's just that Reh, finally everything is falling in place. Me with Ronny and my family happy," Saying so Sonia relaxed at the car headrest closing her eyes.

Rekha looked in the front cursing herself for betraying her bestie. But she thought that whatever she was doing was for her bestie's own life. She didn't want her to fall down a pit to never come back again!

Thinking in a positive manner, Rekha drove the car back to the Menon's residence.

Rekha bid her goodbyes to the Menon family and tightly hugged her bestie advising her to have a good night sleep.

She moved towards her scooty to leave for her house, when she got a call from Vinay. She answered it speaking

"Hello, yes, Mr. Yashhuu, tell me."