Chapter 13. The Surprise visit

he Menon house was bustling with relatives coming almost every week to arrange for the wedding spree.

They had planned to go to their hometown by the weekend for 8 – 9 days, depending on the change of events after the wedding.

At the community hall

"Reh, the next step was to twirl with the shawl and then place it down on the head." Sonia was instructing the dance steps.

"But can't we just wave it over the head and end it with the rise of the hand." Rekha gave her suggestions showing her dance move.

"Hmm... we will see that too. Just let me grab some water." Sonia went to get her water bottle. But it seems she had drunk the whole bottle empty.

"Oh... I will fill it up from the cooler outside. Just practice with steps. I will come in a minute." Saying so Sonia walked outside towards the water cooler.

She was filling the bottle when she heard some known voices from the end part of the corridor. She capped her bottle and went near the voices.

Her eyes widened at the sight.

Her brother was talking to Ronny laughingly and patting his shoulder.

She was too busy digesting the scene in front of her that she ignored the calls from her brother.

Sameer approached her and shaked her shoulder to regain her attention.

She jolted back and looked frighteningly at her brother and then at Ronny.

"Sonia, you didn't tell me about Ronny? He is your senior from college, isn't he?" Sameer asked his sister who was gasping for air.

She looked down and closed her eyes and looked back at Sameer.

"Y-yes bro. He is my senior. But how come you are here, Ronny?" Sonia glanced at Ronny, who was grinning at her present state.

"Sonia, did you forget? We met at the mall last week, you told me that you will introduce me to your family." Ronny questioned her back.

"Oh. is that so, Sonia?" her brother asked the confused Sonia.

"Um...bro, actually Ronny just inquired about the family and such. So, I just vaguely said that we will meet my family. That's what he is talking about." Sonia was amazed at the blunt lie that she was able to develop.

"Oh, if that is the case. I think you can come with me. I am heading home now. I just came to drop some things at the community. So, shall we move, Ronny?" Sameer said trying to move with Ronny.

Sonia panicked and thought that it was a bad idea to leave her family with Ronny. As God knows what might be revealed by Ronny in her absence.

"Um...bro. I will also join you. Coz my dance rehearsal is over. Just wait a minute. I will pick my bag and come with you." Saying so Sonia rushed to the dance rehearsal hall.

"Hey, let's try this step. It's much better than the one I suggested." Rekha said trying to gain Sonia's attention, who was gathering her stuff in a hurry.

"Hey, Nia. What's wrong? Where are you going? We still have the last part to complete. What happened?' Rekha grabbed Sonia's arm to get her attention.

Sonia quivered and looked at Rekha with fear in her eyes. It worried Rekha to see her bestie in such a state.

"H-he is outside with m-my bro. H-he is coming home. What shall I do, Reh? I am losing my mind!" Sonia starting sobbing badly.

"Who is outside? Sonia. Please tell me... you are scaring me!" Rekha said trying to control her bestie's quivering state.