Chapter 23. The Perfect Trap

In the morning

At Menon's house

Sonia was getting ready to go to office. She grabbed her bag and phone from the bed.

She bid her mom bye and walked to the road to catch an auto towards her office.

She was thinking over the events that had occurred in the past week.

Ever since she returned home, she was realising the changes that were happening to her.

She was getting confused with the emotions that were running through her whole body.

Just then she realised that Ronny had not contacted her since her return.

She took out her phone to check for any calls or messages from him, but was disappointed.

Sonia understood that maybe he did mean to give her a little space to gather his thoughts.

At Sonia's office.

She was blindly looking at her PC screen and sitting still. Her intercom ranged and she was called in the director's cabin.

"Sonia, please come in. Have a seat." The director spoke.

"Thank you, Sir." Sonia gave a weak smile to him.

The director asked her "Sonia, as you know we have the quarterly audit wherein we would require all the major staff members to concentrate on their contribution to the documentation, reporting and overall checking of the books." Sonia nodded in understanding his point.

"Since you are one of the analysts in our team. It is pivotal for you to take incharge of the team assigned to you. I would require you to train them and educate them on the legal requirements and proceeding of the audit for bettering the process." The director explained further.

"Yes, Sir, I will definitely support the company in the training program. When do I need to start, Sir?" Sonia expressed her willingness for the same.

"Starting from tomorrow, a team of 7 members will be assigned to you to assist you on the documentation and paperwork of the files which you are quite familiar with. I know about that. So, you just have to make it mandatory for all your team members to understand the process in a thorough manner. Ok." The director instructed her.

Sonia was noting down all the dos and don'ts that were explained by the director to her.

After the discussion, she came out of his cabin.

She got back in her seat, when she received a call on her phone.

She was shocked to see the name of the person reflecting on her phone.

She picked the call getting tensed.

"Hello, is this Sonia?" an unknown person spoke on the other side of the call.

"Yes" Sonia was getting confused.

"Please come to the City Hospital. There is a person here who is badly injured and he is calling out your name!" the person informed.

Sonia's eyes widened in shock. She froze and then jerked at the caller raised voice from the phone.

"H-Hello, who, what is his name?" She asked in fear.

"Please hurry! He is not able to speak properly. He is half conscious. Do come fast! He is calling out your name continuously. Please!" hearing the desperation in the person voice. She rushed out of the office informing her director about the emergency call.