Chapter 14. The wedding spree

At the airport

"Mom, when are uncle and aunty coming? We are already running late?" Sameer said looking at the check in.

Just then the Nairs arrived minus Vinay.

"Nandini, where is Vinay? Is he not coming?" Mrs. Menon glanced at the check in and then at Mrs. Nair.

"Oh...no, not now. He will come after 2 days. He has some urgent work to look after." Nandini confirmed.

Rekha gave a disappointing look, wherein Sonia just rolled her eyes at her bestie's antics.

She grabbed her arm and walked towards the security clearance.

In the evening

In Menon's village home.

(Menon's house in Kerala)

The family finally arrived at the mansion to be greeted by the elders of the family. Grandfather Menon came forward with his walking stick along with other house member and blessed the younger member of the family who arrived.

"Appupa! (Grandpa)" Sonia chimed and immediately hugged her grandfather who smiled at his little granddaughter's cuteness.

She was followed by Rekha who equally greeted grandpa to acquire blessings from him.

All of them retired to their respective assigned rooms.

Sonia and Rekha accompanied the room on the ground floor with attached veranda.

They were chilling on the swing when Rekha spoke. 

"It would have been a lot better if Mr

"It would have been a lot better if Mr. Yashuu would also accompanied us...hm..." she hummed a sigh remembering her idol – Vinay with dreamy eyes.

"Have you not realised it yet?! He is not interested in you! He hardly gives a glimpse at you every time you meet him!" Sonia said shaking her head.

"What do you know! Have you seen the way he walks, talks and smiles!" Rekha gave a dreamy look.