Chapter 43. The visit to the in-laws

After some time, he came out of the washroom to let Sonia to use it.

Sonia was still on the bed thinking deeply.

He was drying his hair with the towel when he noticed her still in bed and asked her

"Are you not taking a bath? The washroom is free. Go ahead."

Sonia looked at him and spoke doing a hand movement

"Um...Mr. Vinay can you...like...turn your back.... till I go to the washroom."

Vinay stopped whatever he was doing and looked at her with a blank face.

"It doesn't matter to me whatever you wear, Sonia. Just go and use the washroom. We are already late!"

Sonia just pouted and gave a begging look to him.

Vinay thought it would be time consuming to start an argument like last night. So, he turned his back shaking his head.

Seeing that Sonia immediately ran to the washroom.

After the door closing, Vinay continued to dress himself. He was looking at the mirror to check for the last time. He worn a full black suit matching it with a blue undershirt. He wore his Rolex and was about to leave when,

Sonia came out of the washroom in the simple kurta which puzzled Vinay

Sonia came out of the washroom in the simple kurta which puzzled Vinay. He asked her the reason.

They were supposed to visit Menon family as a part of the wedding ritual, so she was supposed to wear a saree.

"I don't know how to wear a saree," Sonia looked down and put the saree on the bed. She folded her hands near her chest and massaged her neck.

Seeing her plight, Vinay went out, not gaining any attention from her.

After some time, Reena knocked on the door. Sonia went to open the room door and welcomed her in.

Reena told her that she would help her with the saree. Sonia thought that maybe she would have realised their delay and came to check on her.

After getting dressed with the help of Reena, both of them went out to have their breakfast at the dining table.

The other family members were already seated on the table waiting for Sonia and Reena.

Mrs. Nair looked towards the stairs and gaped at her sight. All of them looked at her puzzled as she suddenly halted her moments.

They travelled her gaze getting equally wide eyed.

Vinay saw their facial expression odd and moved to their sight to be stunned at his vision.