Chapter 26 (angst)

(Idea inspiration was from @IchiiroF ♡)

                      -CESAR'S POV-
I really like my long hair. I love the way it flows around my head, and the way it curls around your fingers when you play with it! And how it bounces on top of my head when I walk! Also how it-
"Hey, Cesar?" I look over and see Six sitting next to me on the couch. He's looking at me like I've gone mad.
"Yeah?"
"Umm.. so.. about your hair."
"What is it? You like it? I know, it's super pretty and wavy and-"

"I think you should get it cut."

I freeze. Get it cut? Has Six gone crazy? Does he not see how pretty my hair is? I looked worse with it short, so he must be out of his mind to think that I looked BETTER with it short.
"Well, I don't want to! I think it looks better like this. Plus, Mark likes it too!"
"I just think you should go to the barber. I mean, it's been getting extremely long in the past couple days, and.. it doesn't look the best on you."
Six's pressuring is starting to get to my head. I don't want to go to the barber, no matter what Six says!
"No! I don't want to get my hair cut! It looks amazing as it is, and I don't care what you have to say about it!"
"You're making a mistake, Cesar. It really looked better short, and I highly suggest you get it cut. And it has to be short-short, or else it won't look good."
I've about had it with Six. My hair is perfect the way it is! It's wavy, and full, and bouncy. And if Six fails to see the beauty in it, then that's his problem.
"SIX! I'M NOT GETTING IT CUT! I'M NOT GOING TO THE BARBER, AND I'M CERTAINLY NOT LISTENING TO YOUR GODDAMN OPINION ABOUT IT!!"
"WELL, IF YOU DID LISTEN TO ME, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG! GET. IT. CUT!!!"
Fuck Six. Fuck his opinion. Fuck the barber. Fuck my hair. I'm cutting it. If that'll get him to shut his face about it, then so be it. I'm done. That's it. He's had his way with me right now. I'm done with his pressuring, and I'm done talking about it. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I'm just oblivious to how bad it looks. Maybe it is ugly. Maybe.. no one likes it. Not even Mark. NOT EVEN ME...

                     -MARK'S POV-
Holy shit. Six and Cesar have been arguing for quite some time, and now they're shouting. Something about Cesar's hair. I turn my TV off and climb out of my bed. I then open my bedroom door just a crack to see Six and Cesar shouting at each other.
"FINE! YOU'VE HAD YOUR WAY WITH ME! I'LL GET MY FUCKING HAIR CUT! BUT, I SWEAR TO GOD, IF YOU PRESSURE ME TO DO ANYTHING ELSE, YOU'RE OUT OF THIS GODDAMN HOUSE!!"
They fight like an old married cou- oh shit. Is Six telling Cesar to get his hair cut? Wait, no, he can't. He can't! I rush out of my room to confront Six, but it's no use. Both Six and Cesar are gone. Oh fuck, this isn't good. Shit. I need to find Cesar. I need to convince him NOT to cut his hair. That it's as beautiful as he thinks it is. That Six's opinion doesn't even matter. He needs to hear these words. Six has already done enough pressuring to him. I've heard him the last couple days. He's been arguing with Cesar a lot about his hair and.. I guess, today, Cesar just.. he just snapped. Like a dam breaking and all the water just floods in. Six's snarky, rude comments about his hair. How it's getting too long, or how it's in his face too much. It just caught up to him today. Wait. If he said he was gonna get his hair cut, he should be at the.. THE BARBER! I race across the living room to the front door and check the key hooks. Both of the pairs of keys are on the hooks. Okay, so he's not gone. That's when I hear crying coming from the bathroom. Cesar must be in there. I run to the bathroom and try to open the door. It's locked.
"Ces, you in there, hun?" I hear a sniffle in response. I gently knock on the door.
"It's okay, honey. It's just me. Please, open the door."
It takes a minute of coaxing, but eventually, I hear the door lock click. I place my hand on the doorknob and gently twist it. I creak open the door and peer in.

"CESAR! NO!"

Cesar has a pair of scissors and is in the process of cutting his hair over the sink. Hundred of little clumps of his soft, black hair clutter the sink. Cesar has tears in his eyes as he snips away yet another clump off the top of his head.
"STOP! CESAR, STOP!"
I rush over to Cesar and fight the scissors out of Cesar's hands.
"M-Mark.. just let me.. i-it looks bad anyw-ways..."
I can tell Six's harsh words got to Cesar by the way he talks. There's not even a trace of light and happiness in his sentence. His words sound dull, and bland. I can tell he's lying to himself, and that he doesn't even believe the words he's saying. I know how much he loved his long hair. He would always talk to me about it. I, myself, loved it too, running my fingers through it every chance I got. But now? It's all in clumps powdering the sink. Cesar tries to grab the scissors out of my hand, but I hold them out of his grasp. I raise them above my head, and Cesar tries to take them again. He holds his hands above his head, attempting and failing to grab them. He lets his body softly hop as his last resort.
"Ju-just let me.. please... I-I swear I won't cut off t-too much.."
"No, Cesar. No."
I deny him permission to cut off more of his hair, and this pushes him over the edge. Immediately, tears start pouring down his face as he falls to his knees on the floor.
"PLEASE, MARK! JU-JUST LET ME FUCKING CUT IT!!"
"Cesar."
Cesar puts his head in his hands as I kneel down to his level. I sit criss-cross on the floor and pull him into my lap.
"Cesar. I can tell Six's words got to you, honey."
I try to talk in the calmest tone I know how.
"I DI-DIDN'T WANT TO- I-.. I.. shouldn't h-have done that.."
Cesar quivers as he leans into me. I drape his legs over the left side of my lap and make Cesar sit on my right thigh. I then push him into me as he cries onto his shirt. Drop after drop falls out of Cesar's eyes as he tries to calm himself down.
"It's alright, Cesar. It's okay."
I begin to lightly stroke Cesar's newly cut hair, like my mom used to do to comfort me.
"Why did you do this?" I ask the question knowing damn well why he did it.
"It-.. it's just.. Six made me upset a-and.. I decided t-to give him what he wanted.. so h-he would shut up about it.."
Cesar's words come out in stutters, but he eventually gets his full reasoning out.
"Motherfucker. Ugh, I'll talk to him later. What's important now is you."
I softly smile at Cesar as he looks up at me. I wipe the tears off of Cesar's face with my thumb. He doesn't lean into my touch, like he usually does. I guess Six really messed with him this time. Yes, sometimes they do get into minor altercations. But this time, it was different. Six pushed Cesar to do something he didn't want to do, and the anger welling up inside me is more than I could ever imagine.
"How about this? You just take a shower and calm down, while I go talk to Six. Sound good?"
Cesar's face softens a little hearing my words.
"Y-yeah, just.. please don't sh-shout. And don't h-hit each other either."
"Okay. I promise."
I say I promise, but this is a promise I might just have to break..
                               ---
"SIX! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!"
I can't control my over growing temper as I yell at Six to come in the living room so we can "talk". Surprisingly, Six walks into the living room at my call.
"The fuck do you want?"
"Oh, you know full well what I want, asshole."
Six rolls his eyes as he tries to pass me to get to the couch so he can watch TV like he always does. Instead of just letting him pass, however, I grab his hood and yank him back.
"WOAH! WHAT THE FUCK, MAN?!"
Six has a look of anger and confusion glued to his face. I take a deep breath before grabbing onto the front of Six's hoodie and shoving him into the wall.
"What the FUCK did you tell Cesar?" I lean into Six's face to make him somewhat intimidated. He doesn't react though.
"I just told him to cut his hair! It's not my fault he's such a sensitive little pussy!"
Six's remark to Cesar makes me growl in anger. No way he just said that about Cesar. Not on my watch.
"MOTHERFUCKER!"
I then try to wrap my hands around Six's neck and choke him out. He's quicker though, punching me in the side before I even get a chance. He slips out from under my grasp and makes a break for it sprinting across the living room. I'm faster though, tackling him to the ground once I reach him. He falls onto his stomach, and I grab both his arms. I hold them behind his back with one hand and grab my pocket knife I always carry on me with the other. I whip the blade out and hold it to Six's neck, not close enough to cut him, but still enough to know I'm not playing around.
"Say you're FUCKING sorry."
"N-no-" I hold the knife closer to his neck, slightly grazing it.
"SAY! YOU'RE FUCKING! SORRY!"
"Alright, alright. Fine. I'm sorry. Now get off of me, fuck face."
He growls his response. I let go of his wrists and put my pocket knife away. I then get up off of him and brush myself off. That's when I realise that Cesar was standing in the doorway, watching the whole altercation. The tears in his eyes make themselves known again as he rushes out of the room and into his bedroom. I listen as he slams his door behind him. Oh, fuck.
What the hell have I done..?

      ---END OF PART TWENTY-FIVE---

(Word Count: 1849)