Part 27

I knew everything that could go bad was gonna go bad. Already just sitting in the jet my anxiety is off the charts and so are others. But I knew by the look on Bucky's face that there is more to this rescue operation.

We were on our way to New Jersey and I knew what it was to Bucky.

"Hey Bucky" his head turns over but I lift my eyes to look over and see Sam sit next to him. "I know that face better then anyone. What you said to him does not mean this is on you" he said.

"I didn't say anything" Bucky stated stated.

"Right. Because you not saying anything made him leave and get assigned a mission to himself because when I tell him to piss off he does the exact same thing" he stated sarcastically.

"Fine I didn't say anything that needs to be heard by you" he spoke.

"Fine then tell me something I can know about what happened" he asked.

"I cant" he said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because there isn't" he finished.

"Alright everyone gear up this thing lands and were in there in 10 seconds" Tony calls out.

Bucky gets up without saying anything else. I look and see Sam look back towards Wanda and she gives her a single nod. I knew Sam didn't want to talk to Bucky. I got up and headed towards the back grabbing a comms ear piece and a mapping device. Now Tony said he was making me a suit but it wasn't ready so I put on some cargo pants with a tank and a bulletproof leather jacket Tony had ready. I pulled off a rubber band out of my sleeve and started putting my hair up till Bucky walked over to me and I saw him putting knives along his pants and the M16 around his shoulder.

"You don't have to go you know" he spoke.

"You want me to stay in the jet don't you" I asked.

"It would make me worry less. I already have a friend in danger I don't need a second" he said making you smirk at him.

"I'm your friend now" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. You are very much different then other rescues and it's not everyday Nick Fury himself recruits one so...I'd say it is" he spoke.

"Well. Friend or not I have to go in there and fight by your side feeling like you along side Steve all those years ago back in World War 2. And I may or may not have taken Fury's offer of joining the team so I really have to go in there weather you like it or not" I said.

"Wow" he said. You gave him a cheeky smile. "Well since your part of the team that makes you my best friend huh" he says.

"I couldn't take that title from Steve but if you insist" you spoke.

He rolled his eyes flashing a smirk until he looked down probably thinking about Steve. You were gonna stick with Bucky to get Steve while the others distracted so you know now or later you were gonna hear a speech from them two sooner or later.

"I know. You said something to him because of me" I said. His face showed realization and I knew I was right with my hunch. "I know the look of fault and regret and your face says that and more. When I met you you told me if I couldn't tell everyone then I should tell you. So tell me. What did you tell him" I begged.

The back door to the jet opened and everyone ran past us. He knew Tony would give us a signal on when we should move so he knew for now it was just us here.

"I told him to leave you alone. He asked why and I told him because I needed to protect you and that's what I was doing. I said if he ever did that again to you that I would make sure he'd regret it" he admitted.