Chapter 5

"Stiles! Stiles! Come on drink!" Stiles can vaguely hear his name being called as something is pressed up against his mouth. He can feel liquid entering his mouth from between his chapped lips. He swallows automatically as he tries to get his eyes open. They feel so heavy.

"That's good Stiles, but I need you to drink more." Stiles hears and reflexively he swallows.

Stiles opens his eyes and finds Stefan leaning over him with his arm pressed to Stiles lips. Stiles starts struggling to get away. He doesn't want this. He doesn't want to be a vampire.

"Stiles. I need you to calm down. I'm not going to hurt you; I'm trying to help but I can't do that if you're fighting me." Stefan informs.

"Don't want to be a vampire." Stiles whimpers.

"And you're not going to be one. I promise. My blood is healing you, that is all. Now please relax." Stefan explains.

"Damon!" Stiles exclaims in fear as he tries to look around for the source of his almost death.

"He's not here Stiles. But he's going to be coming back eventually and I need to get you home. You'll be safe there." Stefan says whilst offering Stiles a hand to stand up with.

Stiles cautiously takes Stefan's hand and allows him to pull him up.

"You're a vampire." Stiles states.

"...yes." Stefan agrees carefully.

"Like Damon." Stiles points out.

"No. I am nothing like Damon. I don't feed on people to survive." Stefan denies.

"He bit me." Stiles says bringing his hand up to his neck.

"Yes, he did and right now you're going into shock. I need you to come out of it Stiles." Stefan asks.

"I need to go home." Stiles decides as he starts walking towards the front door.

"You need to clean up first Stiles. You still have blood on your neck." Stefan points out but Stiles doesn't care. He just wants to go home and be safe.

Stiles opens the front door and comes face to face with Elena who looks at him before her eyes travel down to the dried blood on Stiles' chest.

"What are you? What did you do?!" Elena exclaims, looking at Stefan whose shaking his head.

"No Elena this wasn't me. I didn't..." Stefan tries to explain but Elena interrupts.

"I thought I was going crazy, but you are. You're a vampire." Elena announces. Before that declaration and Stiles states seems to hit her. "Stiles get in the car."

Stiles doesn't need to be told twice so he walks over to the car and gets in.

He watches as Elena seems to yell and Stefan tries to stop her from leaving, but eventually Elena gets to the car and drives them away.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Elena asks as she drives home.

"I almost died. Damon almost killed me." Stiles informs.

"Damon did this to you?" Elena inquires. "Not Stefan?"

"No, I think Stefan saved me." Stiles answers, not completely sure what happened.

"But you're okay now?" Elena asks again trying to reassure herself.

"Yeah. I'm good." Stiles lies, he is anything but good.

#####

Stiles didn't get much sleep that night. He was too worried that Damon would show up again. and when he did finally manage to get to sleep Damon was in his nightmares. It was like he couldn't escape from the blue-eyed vampire.