Chapter 38

Elijah watches as his brother starts waking up. It's been two days of him following Klaus through the woods whilst keeping an eye on Stiles. He isn't completely sure with himself why he decided to take his spark, he can guess, and he definitely knows what his brothers guess will be. Knowing his brother, he's going to use this to his advantage somehow. Elijah really should have thought through his actions before he did them.

He turns his head to find Stiles looking up at the tops of the trees, trying to completely ignore his very naked brother. Elijah feels a pang of...Jealousy? Whenever he notices Stiles eyes sliding down only to shot back up. So, he throws some clothes at his brother, which makes him turn around to see them. Klaus' eyes drag over Elijah and land on Stiles and his grin grows.

"You've been busy." Elijah says.

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" Klaus asked happily.

"Almost two days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Elijah informs.

Klaus stands up and pulls on the underwear, pants and t-shirt that he provided for him.

"I can change at will them. It's good to know. I remember every single kill." Klaus muses.

"Yes, and Elijah has been cleaning up for you afterwards, can we go now?" Stiles inquires.

"What's the rush little spark?" Klaus smirks at Stiles and takes a step towards him.

Elijah can't help but place himself slightly between the two, much to his brother's apparent amusement.

"I have ADHD and when your brother kidnapped me, he didn't think getting my meds was necessary. So, I kind of feel like I'm going to crawl out of my skin at any moment." Stiles explains.

"Well, I don't mind popping by your house on our way out of town." Klaus says.

"No, no, no. did I mention no? There will be no you going anywhere near my home. Just let me go. You don't need me." Stiles points out.

"I may not need you little spark, but it appears that my brother would like to keep you around and I'd love to find out why." Klaus tells him.

"Enough Niklaus, you've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah speaks up bringing Klaus' attention onto him instead.

"That's right. Now, what was that again? oh, yeah. wait I remember. That's it. you wish to be reunited with our family." Klaus taunts.

"You gave me your word Niklaus." Elijah reminds.

"What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me." Klaus points out.

"I could have. But I didn't." Elijah retorts.

"That must kill you little spark. Knowing that your one shot to kill me has been ruined and with you feeding me your blood you are no longer able to kill me yourself." Klaus mocks.

Stiles chuckles making Klaus turn serious.

"And what is it you find so funny?" Klaus asks.

"I'm the king of research Klaus, if there is a way to kill you...I will find it...maybe I already have." Stiles smirks.

Klaus takes several steps forwards until he is standing right in front of them.

"Your funny little spark, really, I almost believe you. Almost. Unfortunately for you I was good friends with the last spark, and I know that there is no way for you to kill me." Klaus states.

"If you were so close then why didn't they let you drink form them willingly? Face it Klaus, they didn't tell you everything." Stiles replies.

"Children, will you please stop antagonising each other." Elijah jumps in when he sees his brothers face turn slightly murderous.