Chapter 14

Stiles ended up falling asleep that night with Damon in his bed, he was certain that Damon himself had also fallen asleep, but when Stiles woke up his was alone in his bed. He hadn't heard from Damon since.

Stiles didn't have time to worry about it however as just a few days later was the funeral for Shelia. It was weird for Stiles, being at a funeral and on the opposite side of the 'I'm sorry for your loss' mantra that everyone says. Stiles promised himself that he wouldn't say it, he knew just how meaningless the phrase ended up sounding as it's repeated to you constantly throughout the day.

So, Stiles didn't say those dreadful words, instead he reminded Bonnie about a time that Shelia had found Bonnie, Elena and Caroline giving him a makeover with her makeup. It didn't make Bonnie laugh as the story had previously done but it did make her smile, so Stiles would call that a win.

Since the funeral however neither Stiles nor Elena have been able to get in touch with Bonnie. Elena seems confused about why, but Stiles thinks that he gets it. She lost her Grams by helping Elena and Stiles and the Salvatore brothers open the tomb. She pushed her Grams into doing the spell to get the vampires out of the tomb, that ended up being Shelia's downfall. If Stiles were in Bonnie's shoes, he would probably be feeling all sorts of guilt and anger. And what do people do best when they feel those emotions, they push them onto others.

Stiles is willing to be Bonnie's emotional punching bag if it makes the girl feel better. He knows that there will probably be a limit to how long he is willing to put up with it, but the least he can do is allow Bonnie some reprieve from her emotions.

It's been a few days since the funeral and Stiles has been mainly focusing on reading the books that he has on the supernatural. He has read through them all and added bits of information from the books to his board on the supernatural. He hasn't added everything as he isn't sure what is real and what is fake. Afterall, just because the book on vampires was accurate doesn't mean his book on werewolves will also be accurate.

I mean, the book on werewolves says that there are two different breeds of werewolves. One that originated from the native Americans, they can only ever turn on full moons and they turn into an actual wolf, it's supposed to be a curse. Then the other originated from Greece, it's also supposed to be a curse but from what Stiles has read it seems pretty cool, being able to turn whenever they want, have enhanced speed, strength and senses the only downside is that they don't turn into actual wolves.

So, Stiles has only added a quick summery on what both werewolves are able to do and left it at that. He did the same for the different types of magic user, giving a list of strengths and weaknesses and then leaving it. Stiles decided to use the other side of his cork board for information on sparks. He wants to go into a full detailed explanation of what sparks are and what they can do and what their strengths and weaknesses are. He needs to know exactly what he can do and how he can do it.

The book he read said that sparks are born from one family line and that sparks themselves are still pretty rare even in that line, they are only born every 500 or so years. Reading that reminded Stiles of the 'legend of the Gajos' myth that he read. Once every 500 years one is born with a powerful destiny. Stiles has to admit that everything he has read suggests that he is a spark or at the very least from the spark line.

But Stiles doesn't want to have some powerful destiny, destiny should not be real. Fate is fake, you make your own choices they aren't some, thing written in stone. Stiles refuses to believe in destiny.

Anyway, the books say that in order for Stiles to be able to do magic all he needs to do is find his magic and wield it... To say that, that left Stiles unbelievably frustrated would be an understatement. How the hell is he supposed to find his magic? And wield it how? Like a sword?