Chapter 39

When Stiles and Elena got home the next morning, after making sure that Damon was truly healed and wasn't going to keel over and die any second, they found a hysterical Jenna, pale Alaric, worried Bonnie and Jeremy who was trying to calm them all down. Stiles remembers asking what exactly was going on and the answer he got was not what he was expecting.

"What do you mean you died?!" he remembers screaming as he and Elena soon joined the circle of worried and concerned people surrounding Jeremy.

Jeremy tried over and over again to assure them all that he was fine and that he doesn't even remember it and "guys please I swear I'm not dealing with any consequences". No believed him obviously. Jeremy was shot and died because he was trying to help a hallucinating Damon and then got brought back to life via Bonnie doing some extreme magic.

It wasn't until Jeremy feigned tiredness that everyone allowed him to go to his room to sleep...well almost everyone. Stiles followed Jeremy to his room and declared that they were going to be having a sleep over. Jeremy was annoyed as all hell, but he understood that Stiles gets a little clingy in the face of losing one of his loved ones.

Stiles wasn't as bad as some though. Jenna and Elena tried to ban Jeremy from leaving the house for the rest of his life and keep him away from the supernatural. When Stiles pointed out that means breaking Jeremy and Bonnie up as she's a witch, Jenna folded. Elena stayed strong up until the point that Stiles told her to stop using their brother as a distraction for her grief over losing Stefan.

By the time summer started the whole family had calmed down greatly on their keep Jeremy safe campaign, which was good because otherwise there was no way in hell Jenna would have allowed either of them to travel across the country to Stiles' hometown. Unfortunately, Elena decided that looking for Stefan would be a far better use of her time than going with her siblings to Beacon Hills which meant that they would be going with one less.

Getting packed up to go on the trip was easy, getting Jenna to agree to allowing them to stay in Beacon Hills for the majority of the summer, difficult. Jenna wanted them to stay there for only 4 weeks, but Stiles pointed out that they will be cleaning up the whole house and getting it ready for Stiles to rent out and it will take longer than 4 weeks. So, she eventually gave in after Stiles promised that they would be back the week before the end of the summer holidays.

Which leads them to now, saying goodbye to everyone before they start their ridiculously long drive to the other side of the country.

"Yes Jenna, of course I'm going to take care of Jeremy. He will not come home with a scratch on him." Stiles sighs as he listens to Jenna's worried rambles.

"And you know how to turn on the water when you get to the house right?" Jenna asks.

"Yes, I've already had the company turn of the electricity and make sure that water is coming to the house, I just need to go into the garden and find the thing and turn it on." Stiles says as he mines turning on the water.

"And what about food, there won't be food in the fridge when you get there." Jenna continues.

"We will go to the local diner and grab something to eat before heading to the shop and buying groceries. Jenna, I promise you, we will be fine. We will call at least once a week if not more, please calm down." Stiles begs.

"I am calm, I'm just worried. This is the first time that you will be somewhere alone and doing adult things." Jenna states.

"Jenna, I have a job, I cook all the meals in the house, I do my own laundry, my bedroom is always clean as is the kitchen. I've been adulting for a while. I know what is needed of me to do and believe it or not I can in fact take care of myself and my add on." Stiles reminds.