Chapter 61

"You're making a big mistake." Damon points out for the nth time and Stiles...Stiles is bored.

"No, I'm not. If I can get Elena used to animal blood right out of the gate." Stefan says.

"You're reaching." Damon states before turning to look at Stiles. "Tell him that he's reaching."

"I think it would be better if Elena learns how to feed from someone who has control...like Caroline." Stiles informs.

"I have control." Damon reminds.

"You have terrible impulse control." Stiles adds.

"I'm not leaving Elena with someone who's only been a vampire for a year." Stefan denies. "I'm going to work with her and hopefully she'll bypass all the things that we went through."

"Delusional!" Damon exclaims.

"Agreed." Stiles tacks on.

"Maybe she has a shot at this." Stefan sighs.

"Wrong. You're just wrong, Stefan." Damon huffs.

"She won't be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Damon. Her compassion is her Achilles heel, and everything is magnified right now." Stefan points out making Stiles burst out laughing.

"No, I'm sorry but no, seriously. Compassion? Ha!" Stiles chuckles.

"She needs human blood, Stefan, from the vein." Damon demands.

"Oh, come on, you know what happens. You name a vampire who didn't kill at least one person when they were new." Stefan reminds.

"But if you teach her how to survive around people and learn how to feed from them then the likelihood of her killing someone goes down exponentially." Stiles points out.

"See, you name me one vampire who went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens." Damon says.

"If she kills someone, she will crumble. How much pain do you think she could take before she shuts off her humanity switch?" Stefan questions.

"Yes, because as we all know, Elena is as delicate as a flower and needs protecting or the world will implode." Stiles adds sarcastically.

"We all turn off our humanity once Stefan. She'll get over it." Damon states.

"No, I think I'd like her to skip that part." Stefan snarks.

Damon walks over to Stefan and starts pulling stuff out of the bags Stefan has packed for their little romp in the woods.

Romp? Oh god he's turning into his boyfriends...boyfriend? Is he still with Elijah?

"She can't learn to control the bloodlust, if she's never actually experienced the bloodlust." Damon points out.

"Something I agree with." Stiles agrees.

"What are you doing? Knock it off." Stefan demands as he walks over to stop Damon unpacking the bags.

"It's a cheat. It's like giving a kid a calculator before they know math." Damon adds.

"I said stop it!" Stefan yells and grabs Damon's arm.

Damon pushes his brother off of him and they are just left staring at each other, when Elena walks into the room.

"Woah, what's going on?" Elena asks.

"We're just having a little disagreement about process." Stefan informs.

"You're still not on board with the animal plan." Elena sighs.

Stefan starts to repack the bags.

"Nope. I say rip off the proverbial band-aid and let it bleed. You're a vampire, Elena. Be a vampire." Damon states.