Chapter 8

Stiles wakes up to the sound of his alarm clock blaring in his ear. He moves as quickly as humanly possible to turn the annoying thing off, groaning as the movement makes his body click in several places. He slumps back into his sheets once his alarm is off.

"That was one weird dream." Stiles murmurs to himself as he thinks back on the dream.

He had been sat on a chair, made of vines and flowers interweaving through sticks and branches. While watching as Bonnie seemed to be running from a woman. The woman was dressed up as if she was from the 18th century and was following Bonnie at a steady pace, somehow seeming to keep up with Bonnie's sprinting form.

Bonnie stopped running at one point and looked around to see if she was finally alone. But when she turned one last time, the woman was standing right in front of her. They seemed to speak to each other, but Stiles couldn't hear what was being said. Then Bonnie and the woman disappeared, and Stiles was left alone on his throne.

He felt like he was waiting for something, anything to happen. Then there was a shift in the air and suddenly everything had turned dark around him except for one central light that seemed to be pulsing, glowing. Stiles got up from the throne and walked towards the light. It had felt warm as it glowed.

He had brought one hand up to touch the glowing mass when his alarm clock had suddenly woken him up. Stiles could swear that he could still feel the glowing warmth radiating through him, protecting him, keeping him safe. It was weird, he had never had such a vivid dream before.

Stiles gets up from his bed and decides a shower would be a good start to the day, maybe it can wash away the lingering feeling the dream left behind.

#####

Stiles was surprised to learn that the school's new history teacher had asked for him to come to his classroom during lunch. Stiles had excellent scores in history, it was one of the reasons why despite how much Tanner had hated Stiles, he couldn't get him into any real trouble, other than detention.

Stiles is far more surprised when he bumps into Jeremy on his way to the classroom and he finds out they are both heading to the same place.

The two Gilbert's walk into the classroom and find Mr Saltzman eating at is desk.

"Hey Mr Saltzman, I'm Jeremy Gilbert." Jeremy greets.

"And I am Stiles Stilinski-Gilbert, you wanted to see us?" Stiles inquires.

Alaric quickly chews his last bite as he gestures for them to take the seats in front of him.

"You know that your old teacher had a jackass file? No joke." Mr Saltzman lifts the folder to show them. "It's typed on the label. It has all the troublemakers in it. But really, it's just an opus...to you two."

Stiles has to struggle to not smile at that. A whole file dedicated to him and his brother. God the space he must have taken up in Tanner's mind completely rent free.

Jeremy on the other hand looks worried, he doesn't want this new teacher to already think baly of him without even knowing him first.

"Don't worry about it." Mr Saltzman says as he throws the file in the bin. "I'm not him. Clean slate. Now let's talk about grades."

Jeremy immediately jumps in, "I know it's been a rough couple of months, but I've been trying to turn them around."

"And I've been helping, he's doing a lot better." Stiles informs.

"Yeah, I saw that. But the problem is, we're halfway through a semester and half a fail is still pretty bleak." Mr Saltzman explains.

"This is the part where you ask him what you can do to fix that." Stiles whispers to Jeremy.