Chapter 51

It's been a week since homecoming and Stiles hasn't seen Klaus once since he slept with him. Which he isn't sure if he's happy about or not. On the pro's side it means he doesn't have to go through that awkward dance of 'we just slept together, and I have no idea how to act'. On the con's side of things Stiles is feeling a little used.

But it's not like there is anyone he can talk to about it. If he told absolutely anyone in his life that he slept with Klaus, then he would be getting judged harshly. So, his only recourse is to stay quiet and just deal with his emotions.

In other news Elena has started joining him on his morning runs which is...awkward? Uncomfortable? Just in no way fun. Stiles used to enjoy his morning runs. They were freeing and allowed him to meditate as he moved, get a feel for his magic. Now, now he's stuck making small talk which really show cases just how much his and Elena's relationship has deteriorated.

They used to be so close and now...now they are practically strangers. They can't have a conversation longer than a few sentences or Elena ends up snapping at Stiles for something. Anything. It's...it's tedious is what it is and annoying and rude. And it makes Stiles feel small and weak when in reality he is anything but.

"Is that guy following us?" Elena whispers to him as they run.

Stiles looks behind them or a second and spots the guy that Elena is talking about. He pulls Elena to the left, different route than usual and then right to keep them going in the right direction. When he turns back, he finds that the guy is no longer behind them.

"Nope." No sooner does the word leave his lips when they are suddenly bumping into the guy.

"Excuse me. Should have been watching where I was going." The man apologises.

Stiles feels a shiver rush down his spine at the contact. Hybrid, his mind supplies.

"Don't worry about it." Elena assures.

"Have a nice day." The hybrid tells them.

"Oh, we will." Stiles smiles at the man before watching as he runs off in the opposite direction.

Stiles pulls out his phone.

"What are you doing?" Elena inquires.

"Nothing. Just sending a text to a friend before I forget." Stiles lies.

There is no way that he's telling Elena that Klaus is sending hybrids to watch them and that he's texting him to stop. Elena would throw a fit about a hybrid following her and Stiles' texting Klaus. Then Stiles wouldn't hear the end of it, and he just doesn't want to deal with it.

He doesn't want to deal with his sister anymore. That thought, that thought sends a crashing weight onto his chest.

"You coming?" Elena asks.

"Right behind you." Stiles attempts for a smile but he knows it falls flat.

#####

Stiles is sat with Damon and Alaric at the bar. Damon has a lot of different alcoholic drinks in front of him while Alaric and Stiles both have homework in front of them. Well, Alaric has other people's homework in front of him, Stiles is unfortunately doing his own.

"Oh, I give you a choice. Bloody Mary or Screwdriver. Brunch in a bottle. Come on Ric, I can't drink all this by myself. I mean I can but then somebody's getting naked." Damon says already very drunk.

"No one wants to see you naked Damon." Stiles informs as he writes the point, evidence, technique, explanation and reiteration of the point for his English paper.

"Oh man I can't believe you're making me drink alone." Damon sulks.

"I'm busy." Alaric states.

"It's the eve of Klaus-ageddon. You're doing homework?" Damon huffs.