Chapter 23

Thank you everyone who voted on what Stiles will be up to in Beacon Hills, unfortunately for you guys the peeps over on AO3 out-voted you 16-23. So Stiles will be fixing and fucking with the teen wolf story. I hope you enjoy despite it not being what you lot voted for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow, someway Stiles managed to finish his homework and hand it on Monday. He managed to get it down the morning of and the rest during lunch. He only got B's on his homework but that's better than nothing.

The rest of the week thankfully passed quietly with absolutely no issues, human or supernatural. Unfortunately, that likely means that there is going to be a supernatural blow up soon and he is most certainly not looking forward to that. Elena calls him paranoid when he brings it up but it's not paranoia if he's right and only time will tell if he is, so what does she know?

Stiles is now sat in the Grill getting next week's homework completed quickly as this weekend seems to be booked. Jenna is throwing a barbeque party, so the house is going to be loud and energetic and in no way congruent with doing homework.

Elena is sitting across the table reading a book that her English teacher has set for the class. Stiles has already read it and oh my god does he wish they could read something that wasn't written by old, dead, white men. But apparently Stiles' wish is never going to be coming true as he has already heard rumours of next year's readings, and it makes him want to smash his head against a table.

Stiles has just finished his physics homework and is stretching his back out from his hunched over position when he spots Damon walking over to them.

Apparently so does Elena as the first thing out of her mouth is, "What do you want?"

"So, this is where you spend your time when you're not stabbing people in the back." Damon muses instead of answering, thoroughly confusing Stiles.

What is Damon going on about? He knows that Damon and Elena haven't come into contact since last week and Stiles was with them the majority of the time...except for when they got back to the house.

He left them alone and they immediately are at each other's throats. Lovely.

"I tricked you into telling me what I wanted to know, that's not stabbing you in the back, it's using your own tactics against you." Elena huffs a little arrogantly before getting up from her seat.

"Where are you going?" Damon inquires.

"I made myself clear Damon. I want nothing to do with you." Elena states.

"I left you guys alone for a few minutes and you somehow end up at each other's throats, what the hell happened?" Stiles asks, confused.

Damon ignores Stiles' question and instead joyfully says, "Okay. See you at Jenna's barbecue."

Elena turns around swiftly so that she is facing Damon.

"How do you know about Jenna's barbecue?" Elena demands an answer.

"Is this ignore Stiles Day or something?" Stiles grumbles as neither one answers his question.

"It was my idea. Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy. So, I told Ric to tell Jenna and..." Damon trails off smug.

"Does Jenna know that you're going to be there because she's not exactly a fan of yours." Elena points out.

A waitress arrives at the table and hands Damon a box that they reserve for the pies and cakes that they sell.