Chapter 56

"Stiles. Stiles! Stop laughing." Damon pleads.

Stiles is leaning heavily on Damon as he gasps for air whilst Alaric and Liz look at him with annoyance and amusement, respectively.

"I don't...think...I can." Stiles gasps out between giggles as he looks at Alaric standing behind bars. "I mean, how could I not laugh at this. You're cheating on my aunt with a psycho who shot you because you attacked her with a knife...Oh god the karma."

"I didn't do it. And I'm not cheating on Jenna!" Alaric defends himself.

"You're arresting him for what this nut job Dr Fell says?" Damon questions Liz.

Stiles breaks down into giggles again. He may be crying.

"No, I'm detaining him. The cell is for his own good. You were shot; Dr Fell used vampire blood to heal you." Liz explains.

"Dr Fell is the one who shot me." Alaric points out.

Stiles' stomach hurts from laughing so much,

"Because you came at her with a knife!" Liz reminds.

"Yeah, a knife I had found in her things!" Alaric yells.

"Are we gonna ignore the part where he is one of the killer's victims? I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death." Damon states.

"Well, Dr Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicted." Liz explains.

"You think I stabbed myself?" Alaric asks shocked.

Stiles who finally got himself under control chuckles wetly at that.

"God please don't say yes, I may die from laughter." Stiles pleads.

Liz ignores Stiles, "look I don't know what to think. I've got nothing, except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of the founding family pointing a very long finger." Liz informs.

"She's setting me up. I'm being framed here!" Alaric yells.

"Obviously not as good in bed as you think you are." Stiles jokes.

Damon places his hand over Stiles' mouth when the other two adults turn to glare at Stiles.

"Well, that may be so, but I don't have any proof of that." Liz tells Alaric.

"Well then we'll find some." Damon states.

"No, just stay out of this, Damon. You getting involved is only going to make matters worse." Liz pleads.

"Listen Liz..." Damon starts.

"Don't make me put you in that cell with him!" Liz threatens.

Stiles pulls Damon's hand away from his mouth to say, "Please do."

Damon grabs hold of Stiles and starts pulling him out of the room and towards the exit of the police station. They quickly bump into Elena who's rushing in.

"Were you two just...?" Elena asks.

"Ric's fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it." Damon informs.

"But you're not going to. Are you?" Elena questions.

"Seems just as good a plan as any." Damon shrugs.

"Your friend's in jail for murder. You have to do something." Elena points out.

"Technically he's just being detained and should be out within twenty-four hours." Stiles corrects.

Elena stays focused on Damon making it clear that she's going to be ignoring Stiles.