Chapter 16

Stiles is in the kitchen pouring coffee into a travel mug as he takes bites of his disgusting raisin breakfast bar. Suddenly Jenna grabs the travel mug out of his hands and goes walking out of the kitchen. Stiles blinks dumbly at his now empty hand.

"Come on Jeremy, going to school! Walking out the door now!" Stiles hears Elena yell up the stairs.

Stiles pours himself some more coffee into a different travel mug and closes up the lid before making his way out of the kitchen and towards Elena.

"Forgot this." Jenna tells Elena as she hands over the travel mug, she stole from Stiles' hands.

"Thank you." Elena says.

"You should be thanking me, that's my coffee you're stealing." Stiles huffs as he takes the final bite of his breakfast.

"Well then, thank you." Elena teases as she takes a sip of her coffee.

Elena turns to open the door while Stiles goes to the living room to pick up his school bag.

"Elena!" Stiles body freezes when he hears that voice, and he can feel the annoyance bubbling in his body.

"Uncle John! Hi." Elena greets in surprise.

"Jenna." John says before looking at Stiles, who walks around the corner. "Stiles.

Stiles tries to bristle at the derision in the man's tone.

"John, you're here...why?" Stiles inquires.

"I have some business to attend to with your Jenna." John informs.

"And you made it." Jenna points out.

"I said I'll be here before noon." John retorts as he enters the house.

"Oh, what you say and what you do are typically two very different things." Jenna grits out.

Stiles doesn't turn around when he hears footsteps behind him as he recognises the steps.

"Uncle John, what's up?" Jeremy greets bringing the man into a bro hug.

"Hey!" John hugs back.

Stiles and Jenna both look at each other as they take note of how differently John greeted Elena and Jeremy compared to how he greeted Stiles.

Jeremy leaves the house quickly after that. He is still dealing with his emotions after Vicki's body was found. And wasn't that just perfect. On top of everything else they also now had to deal with Vicki being found. Stiles slept in Jeremy's room the night they found her as the boy was a mess.

"How long are you staying?" Elena queries.

"I don't know yet." John answers.

"Great." Stiles says sarcastically causing John to look over and the two men to be looked in a smiling stare off.

"Okay, well, we've got to go to school, we'll be seeing you later." Elena informs as she starts dragging Stiles out of the house.

The moment the door is closed behind them Stiles turns to Elena.

"I know, I know. You hate that man." Elena states as she walks over to her car where Jeremy is waiting.

"I do, I hate that man." Stiles grouses as he heads to his jeep.

Ever since Stiles was young John had treated Stiles with nothing but derision and annoyance. And not in the way that most people treated the overactive younger boy. No, John treated Stiles like he had personally killed all of his family and it was only a matter of time before he took his revenge.