Chapter 25

"Stiles."

He rolls over away from the noise.

"Stiles!"

Shoving his head under his pillow is his next move.

"Stiles, Stiles, Stiles!"

Stiles groans and rolls back over onto his back to look at the annoying little twirp he calls a brother.

"What?" Stiles grumbles.

"I need you to come we me to Stefan's." Jeremy answers.

"Why?" Stiles asks.

"So, that I can tell them what I found out about Tyler and his uncle." Jeremy tells him.

"And you have to do this now? At...what even is the time?" Stiles inquires.

"It's nine." Jeremy informs unimpressed.

"What!" Stiles shoots up and going to look at the clock on his phone. "I missed my morning run!"

"I thought you had an alarm for that." Jeremy points out.

"I did but I turned it off a couple of days ago as I started waking up before the alarm even went off." Stiles explains.

"So...will you go with me to the Salvatore's?" Jeremy asks.

"Yeah, just...give me a second to shower and get dressed. In the meantime, make me a coffee and put it in a travel mug and get me out my breakfast bar." Stiles orders.

"Yes boss." Jeremy mock salutes before turning and walking out of his room.

Stiles still feels weary and tired. He isn't sure why though. He hasn't been doing anything particularly exhausting. All of yesterday was fairly normal...except the magic. The magic was most certainly new.

Okay, so magic tires him out. Makes him sleep in, he thinks as he heads to the bathroom for a shower.

Maybe magic is like a muscle? The more you work it the stronger it gets but at the beginning you have to go through tiredness as your body deals with something new. He really hopes there is no magic muscle pain. Or worse a magical pulled muscle. He's going to need to keep an eye on his magic usage. Try to do a little every day to build up strength and work on accuracy.

God that sounds exhausting.

He gets out of the shower and quickly brushes his teeth before heading back into his room and grabbing some clothes.

He hears giggling and the sound of sheets from Elena's room, making him roll his eyes.

If their plan is to make Katherine think that they have broken up, they really need to be sneakier.

Stiles gets his clothes on and heads down the stairs where he finds Jeremy waiting for him with his coffee and breakfast like the good boy he is.

"Thank you, puppy." Stiles says as he brushes his hand through Jeremy's hair.

Jeremy ducks his head away with a scowl on his face.

"I'm not a puppy." Jeremy grumps before opening the front door and making his way to Roscoe.

"Sure, you aren't." Stiles smirks as he takes a careful sip of his hot coffee.

"Fine, but if I'm a puppy then what does that make you? Bambi?" Jeremy snarks back.

"I'll kick your ass." Stiles threatens playfully as he gets into his jeep and sets of to the boarding house.

#####

Stiles is standing beside Jeremy, waiting for someone, most likely Damon if Stefan is at their house, to open the door.

"You know you only need to knock once, right?" Stiles tells Jeremy.