Chapter 35

He opens up the closet of this shabby little apartment and looks in disgust at the clothing options. Reaching in he takes out two button up shirts, both blue, one darker than the other.

"Oh! Who is this guy, safari Sam?" He asks as he looks at the hideous clothing options, he then turns to look at the woman tied to the chair. "Okay, bad or badder?"

"The dark colours suit you better." Katerina tells him timidly.

"Oh, thank you honey." Klaus says, enjoying the fear wafting off his captive. "Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore's possession, correct?"

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house." Katerina informs.

"Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill." Klaus states as he puts on the shirt that Katerina selected.

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna." Katerina reminds.

"Right. Elena's aunt. For all the lies about Isobel. What else?" Klaus inquires.

"Stiles, Elena's brother/cousin his mother's name was Claudia...Gajos." Katerina says.

Klaus turns his sharp eyes onto Katerina.

"You think that this...Stiles is a spark?" Klaus questions.

"I know he is." Katerina answers. "He was able to command me on a couple of occasions and I've seen him use mountain ash."

"Mountain ash...that stuff is such a pain in the ass." Klaus grouses. "Anything else?"

"That's it." Katerina states.

Klaus leans closer to her, going so far as to touch her face just to see her flinch.

"Oh, so jumpy." Klaus tuts.

"Please, just...kill me. I've told you everything that I know." Katerina begs and it sounds like music to his ears.

Klaus places his hands on the armrests of the chair she is tied to.

"You see, I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? Hmm. What could they be keeping from you? Anything? Tell me." Klaus compels.

"They're trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger." Katerina tells him.

"Bonnie the best friend? I thought you said that she didn't have her powers anymore." Klaus points out.

"She doesn't or didn't. I don't know. You kidnapped me remember. I'm kinda out of the loop." Katerina huffs.

"Well, we'll just have to get to the bottom of that...how is the spark doing with regards to his magic?" Klaus suddenly asks.

"I don't know, he doesn't use them much. I get the feeling that he doesn't know exactly what he's doing." Katerina explains.

"Perfect." Klaus smirks.

A newbie spark should be easy for him to manipulate and maybe even kill if absolutely necessary.

"Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it." Katerina pleads.

"And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long." Klaus says smiling deviously at his captive.

He removes a pocketknife from his trousers and opens it before holding it out to Katerina.

"I want you to take this knife...and stab yourself." Klaus compels.