Chapter 26

"Easy. Grab the door Jer." Matt, who was kind enough to offer his help, tells Jeremy.

Jeremy goes forwards and opens the front door while Matt and Stiles carefully hold onto Jenna as she slowly walks forwards. She's leaning on them slightly to keep balance but is otherwise doing okay walking on her own. Elena is a couple steps behind them.

"Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna huffs.

"The doctors said that you have to take it easy." Elena reminds.

"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, haemorrhage and die, aright?" Jeremy adds on.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Jenna jokes.

"No." Matt denies.

"I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Jenna inquires.

Stiles, Elena and Jeremy, all give each other looks before Elena speaks.

"It was a freak accident." Elena tells their aunt.

"It happens." Jeremy adds.

"Yeah, I mean I've done it like twenty times at the Grill." Matt laughs.

Jenna laughs at Matt's joke before wincing.

"Okay, I'm being nice." Matt and Stiles help Jenna sit down slowly on the couch.

"Careful." Jeremy hovers behind Stiles' shoulder as he watches them worriedly.

"Easy, easy." Matt warns.

They manage to get her safely onto the couch and lie her back, so she isn't putting unnecessary pressure on her stitches.

"Your being awfully quiet, Stiles. You, okay?" Jenna asks her nephew.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just...never do that again. I can't lose another parental figure; I may start thinking that I'm cursed." Stiles jokes but it lands flat.

"I'm never leaving you kiddo, don't even think for a second that I would." Jenna tells him.

Stiles smiles at his aunt before heading into the kitchen to get Jenna some food. He finds Elena already in there, making a sandwich. Jeremy follows him in.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Jeremy asks them.

"Make lunch." Elena answers.

"No, about Katherine." Jeremy explains.

"We're not gonna do anything, Jeremy." Elena states.

Stiles pulls out his phone and sends a text to Damon.

'What's the plan to take down Katherine?' – Stiles

"She tried to kill Jenna. We can't let her get away with that." Jeremy exclaims.

Stiles phone beeps.

'I don't know what you're talking about.' – Damon

"Yes, we can. If it keeps us safe, then we can." Elena tells him.

'Bullshit, she almost took another parent from me Damon, whatever the plan is, I want in.' – Stiles

"And what if she tries something else?" Jeremy inquires.

"She won't. Katherine hurt Jenna because I didn't do what she said. I'm not doing it now, me and Stefan are over. She wins, the end." Elena huffs.

'Fine, come to the house. Well talk there.' – Damon

Stiles looks at Elena who still has her back to them, which makes it easy for him to nudge Jeremy and show him the text on his phone. Jeremy nods at Stiles.