Chapter 67

Turns out Stiles can absolutely make illusions that are real to the touch. He would know considering everyone thinks they found Carol's dead body by the water fountain, when in actuality Klaus had Tony take the woman to the Bahamas. He's even had him compel Carol into being a-okay with being in a different country and to not try and call Tyler.

Stiles turns to look over at said boy who is currently looking worse for wear as he scoffs at the school assembly. The sheriff is currently on stage talking about Carol Lockwood and everything that she's done for the community.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident." Liz says to the assembly hall full of teenager who in all likely couldn't care less.

Stiles watches as Tyler storms out of the room. He can't help but feel bad for Tyler, he knows what it feels like to lose your parents and he wouldn't wish for his worst enemy to feel it. but it was either this or allow Klaus to actually kill Carol. Stiles will tell Tyler about his mother eventually, just not yet.

"Please join me in observing a minute silence in her memory." Liz continues.

Everyone puts their heads down as they wait for the minute of silence to finish. In the quiet it makes noises all the more obvious which is why it's so easy for Stiles to hear Elena tell Bonnie that she's leaving.

"Thank you so much. In the wake of this tragedy, the town has selected an interim mayor. Many of you may already know him. Please welcome Mr Rudy Hopkins." Liz introduces.

Stiles watches as Bonnie's father walks onto the stage and over to the podium.

"Thank you so much, Sheriff. Carol Lockwood put this town first. That's why I'm here to talk to you guys. You folks are the future of Mystic Falls..." Stiles zones out after that.

#####

When the assembly finally finishes Stiles leaves the room and heads to the bathroom, he's been wanting to go for ages. Once he has finished his business, he exits the bathroom to find the hallway empty. He walks down it towards the parking lot when he hears a noise that causes him to stop.

"Hello?" Stiles calls out.

"Hello Stiles." He turns towards the feminine voice and finds Rebekah on the other end of it.

"Hey Bex, glad to see you out of the coffin. What you up too?" Stiles smiles at the vampire.

"I would usually love to chit chat with you Stiles, but you see I'm still a little angry at my brother and Stefan so..." Rebekah motions with her hand for him to follow her.

"Oh, don't worry, I get it. Siblings can be such a pain in the ass, can't they." Stiles adds as he follows behind Rebekah.

"Right, how have thing been going with you and Elena. Still at each other's throats?" Rebekah inquires.

"Pretty much." Stiles nods before they enter the library and Stiles finds himself looking at Elena sat miserably on a seat.

"Why don't you take a seat Stiles, I have something else to take care of, but I'll be right back with the rest of our participants." Rebekah instructs.

"Sounds good to me." Stiles walks over to the table and sits at one of the chairs around it.

"You're just doing what she says?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? It's not like I can't get out of this situation the moment it gets violent. Because let's be real it is most likely going to be getting violent at some point." Stiles points out.