Chapter 70

Stiles ended up calling Jenna not long after Klaus left the house with Kol's body. He wanted to let her know that everything was safe now and she was cleared to come back home if she so wished. Jenna drove back almost immediately, apparently the friend she was staying with is a major pot-head and kept trying to make Jenna have a turn.

Whilst waiting for Jenna to return Stiles went about seeing if he could get rid of the burn marks on the floor from where Kol died. He knew logically that you shouldn't be able to clean burn marks, at least not without a sander to remove the scorched layers of wood. But Stiles needed something to do, to take his mind of the bad feeling permanently swimming in his gut.

Jenna arrived at home rather quickly and not long after Caroline showed back up, apparently, she was planning on begging Klaus not to kill Tyler before immediately worrying about Bonnie on account of Klaus no longer being in the house. Jenna calmed her down enough for Caroline to offer to help Stiles clean the scorch mark, likely as a way to distract herself.

Which leads to now with Caroline on her hands and knees attempting to clean the floor with Stiles and Jenna trying to get her to stop as it's just not working, and they can always get professionals in to deal with it. Or by a rug, Stiles thinks a rug would look good.

They all stop their yammering when they hear the front door open up. Stiles turns to look towards the door and immediately feels like something is wrong. Elena is just standing there and staring at them, almost like a deer in headlights. And then Stefan shows up behind her and he's holding something. He is holding something large and humanoid shaped and...Jeremy.

"Is he okay? What happened?" Stiles immediately starts asking as he walks closer only to stop when he gets his first good look at Jeremy.

His skin is pale, too pale and is starting to look like it has a slight waxy texture. There is no colour in his cheeks and his lips...his lips are blue.

"Oh god." Stiles vaguely hears a chocked off gasp from behind him that he thinks was from Jenna.

"Come on. Let's get him upstairs." Elena says breaking the suffocating feeling before walking up the stairs.

Stefan looks awkwardly at Stiles and Jenna before he follows along behind Elena whilst carrying Jeremy's body. Because that's what it is, it's his body because his brother isn't breathing.

Stiles turns to follow them and walks slowly up the stairs and into the hallway where he sees Jeremy's bedroom door open. He walks over and finds Stefan setting Jeremy's body down on his bed and for a moment, for a brief indescribable moment it's almost like his brother his just asleep. Just dreaming.

"Can I get you anything?" Stefan asks Elena quietly.

"No, I'm fine. I'm just going to sit here and wait with him until he wakes up." And that, that brings Stiles out of whatever emotions were over taking him and everything around him comes rushing in.

Downstairs he can hear as Caroline tries to comfort a crying Jenna. And he can taste blood in his mouth from where he was biting down so hard to stop the sounds of sobs from exiting. Because he's crying, tears are streaming down his face and his vision is getting blurry and Jeremy is dead and for some reason Elena thinks that he's just going to magically wake up again.

Magically...magic...Stiles is magic.

"Let me know if you hear anything about Bonnie, okay?" Elena continues.

"Yeah sure." Stefan nods before turning around and coming face to face with Stiles. "Stiles?"

Stiles looks up into Stefan's eyes before immediately turning around and going into his room. He starts looking around at all of his books. His books on magic. Somewhere, in one of them there has to be something about bringing a person back to life. There has to be.