Chapter 33

"I don't understand why I have to be here." Stiles whispers to Jenna despite knowing that Elijah can definitely hear him.

"Stop fussing and play nice." Jenna whispers back to him before turning to Elijah and smiling at the man. "The Old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence."

"Ah, the Fells. One of the founding families." Elijah says whilst giving Stiles a smug look.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna inquires innocently.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." Elijah informs.

Stiles can't help but perk up at that knowledge, it's most certainly interesting.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asks.

"Which means that the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything." Elijah states.

"You should not tell Carol this...her head might implode." Stiles says causing Jenna to smack him around the back of the head.

Stiles still hasn't found a good time to tell Jenna about the supernatural. Every time he tries Jenna is either busy or Stiles is, or Elena comes waltzing in to where Stiles and Jenna are. And Elena always gives him that look like she knows what he's trying to do. Stiles bets that Alaric told her, the little tattle tale.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in the 1860's. Men are very territorial." Jenna states.

"Yes, they are." Elijah agrees as he looks at something in the distance, making Stiles look over.

He ends up coughing to hide his laugh as he finds Alaric walking towards them. Elijah looks at him as a result and smirks, the bastard.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduces while simultaneously friend zoning Alaric.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric questions.

It takes everything in Stiles not to bring up the fact that they were talking about territorial men and what are Alaric's thoughts on the matter.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah explains.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec." Jenna says before leaving the three men alone to walk to the car.

"Alaric Saltzman. So, you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah states.

"And yet the last time you saw him, he was dead. Doesn't seem like your doing a great job." Stiles points out.

"Well, he has that little ring on his finger that keeps him safe from the supernatural, besides I was far more worried about my little spark." Elijah informs.

"Not yours." Stiles retorts.

Elijah sends Stiles a smile that screams, 'not yet'.

"You know Jenna is on Elena's list too." Alaric points out, breaking Stiles and Elijah's stare off.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't pursue younger women...it's a joke, Ric, lighten up. Besides I have my eyes set on a much better prize." Elijah sweeps his eyes over Stiles causing Alaric to tense.

"Never gonna happen." Stiles mutters when he spots Jenna walking back over to them.

"Never say never sweetheart." Elijah whispers into Stiles' ear before straightening his back and smiling charmingly at Jenna.