Chapter 54

Stiles didn't manage to get much sleep that night on account of constantly worrying about Klaus, which is just stupid. The man is an immortal hybrid, he's unkillable. The most his family can do is hurt him physically and emotionally. But Stiles knows from everything going on between himself and Elena that the emotional stuff can hurt far worse than anything else.

Anyway, no sleep. Which is why he skipped his daily run this morning and is instead sat at the kitchen counter with a large mug of coffee in front of him, listening to Elena tell the Salvatore brothers about her run in with Rebekah. Who rightfully wanted revenge after Elena stabbed her quite literally in the back. And Elijah who saved her from his sister.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in the coffin." Elena exclaims.

"As in the original witch?" Stefan asks causing Stiles to wince. That woman is not going to like Stiles after he ordered her how to save Klaus' hybrids.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon says, making sure to give Stiles a look at his mention of Klaus.

And Stiles gets it, Damon doesn't like the fact that Stiles slept with Klaus, blah blah blah. Whatever, Stiles is an adult can make his own choices and he will deal with the backlash when it eventually shows up to kick his ass.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." Elena continues.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan gripes.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah." Elena sighs.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds." Stefan states.

"Klaus isn't going to kill any of you. Stefan, Klaus still considers you to be like a brother from your time in the twenties, Elena you're his only way of creating his hybrid family and finally Klaus knows that killing Damon will royally piss me off and he isn't about to do that." Stiles says before taking a long sip of his coffee.

"And you would know, wouldn't you? Considering how close you and Klaus are." Stefan exclaims in disgust.

Stiles doesn't say anything at that instead he just rolls his eyes before taking another sip of his coffee while keeping eye contact with Stefan, just to prove how little a fuck he gives.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena starts up again, resolutely ignoring Stiles.

The doorbell ringing causes Stiles to get up off his chair and walk towards the front door.

"I believe him." Elena informs.

Stiles opens the door to find no one there but laying on the doormat is two envelopes and a box. He picks them all up and walks back into the kitchen, making sure to pass Elena the letter that is labelled for her.

"What is it?" Damon inquires.

Stiles and Elena open up their envelopes and retrieve the card inside.

"It's an invitation. 'Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration'." Elena reads off the card.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks.

"The original family." Stiles informs as his eyes scan the card again before moving towards the box.

"it's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon huffs.

"Wait, there's a note of the back. 'Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther'." Elena reads off causing Stiles to look at the back of his card.