Chapter 32

"Due to the recent tragedies that have plagued our town, we will be holding a memorial in Town square to honour all those we have lost. Join us and hope that as a community we can begin to heal." Stiles hears vaguely from the direction on the Tv.

He isn't paying much attention to it though as standing in front of him, in the kitchen, is a smug looking Uncle John who is smirking at him.

Stiles only just came back home, having slept at the Salvatore's after using so much magic the day before, so when he came home, he was ready to head into the kitchen and start making breakfast for everyone as an apology to Jenna for not having called about his sleeping elsewhere. And the first thing he hears as he enters the living room, in order to get to the kitchen is John's smarmy voice asking if he had a fun night.

"Morning." John greets as Elena comes down the stairs and walks passed the frozen Stiles.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asks.

"Okay, so I'm not the only one wondering that." Siles mutters to himself before slowly making his way into the kitchen while keeping a wary eye on John.

"Coffee?" John offers.

"Is it poisoned?" Stiles asks.

John smiles at Stiles innocently and no...just no. that face should not be able to make that look ever.

"We're not doing that. We did that last night. No more avoiding. Why are you here?" Elena demands.

"I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment." John states.

"What do you mean that's all you can say?" Elena asks, furiously while Stiles who was wondering the same thing starts getting stuff ready for omelettes.

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced, I can trust you." John informs.

Suddenly Jenna and Alaric come rushing down the stairs.

"Oh god, I'm late." Jenna huffs.

"That's what you get when you hit the snooze three times!" Alaric exclaims before freezing as he notices John.

"What the hell?" Jenna asks when she too notices the man.

"Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." John greets.

"it's okay that I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna questions.

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." John explains.

"And we're all cursing her for it." Stiles adds on as he starts making Jenna an omelette.

"You know. I'm uh, probably just gonna take off." Alaric says awkwardly before opening the front door and leaving. Stiles wishes that he could follow Alaric's lead.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna reminds.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." John informs.

"Not here, you're not." Jena denies.

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here." John states.

"Yes, she can, she's our legal guardian." Stiles points out.

"Yeah, about that...um, Elena, you want me to explain the situation, or would you like to do the honours?" John asks.

"Okay, what's going on?" Jenna demands.

"I'm sorry, Jenna. I should have told you earlier but..." John interrupts Elena.

"I'm Elena's biological father. There, now you know." John smirks.