Chapter 45

It's been roughly a week since the hunters moved into town and since then several of them have been arrested for illegal weapons or not having the right licences for conceal-carry permits and the like. Jeremy had mentioned that he was worried about all the guns, having been shot by Liz before the summer holiday, so Stiles did something about it. he got in contact with Tara and let her know about the recent influx of gun totting idiots and set her loose on them.

Now there are only 10 or so hunters including Kate and Gerard Argent, instead of the previous 30 that had arrived in town. The Hale's had spoken about how surprised they were that Victoria, Chris and their daughter Allison hasn't also shown up, but Stiles pointed out that if they are correct and Allison has no idea of the supernatural then they are going to want to keep her as far away from everything as possible.

But while the hunters' numbers may be low that doesn't mean that they aren't still outnumbered. And to make matters worse they still haven't heard from Cora despite the fact that she should have arrived sometime last week. So, Stiles did another Hale locator spell and Cora showed up in town...in the warehouse district.

Peter and Malia agree to go carefully search the area much to everyone apprehension. Now they are out of the house and the rest of them are sat on their asses waiting. It's excruciatingly nerve wracking. Laura and Derek are pacing and growling at anything that moves as they wait, meanwhile Stiles and Jeremy are giving them space by being in the kitchen instead and going over how Stiles is supposed to help Klaus with his hybrids without giving up Elena.

"It's not like I can just set up a protective barrier around Mystic Falls no matter how much I want to." Stiles groans.

"Can't you just believe the hybrids alive or something?" Jeremy inquires.

"My magic doesn't work like that. I can't create species; I can only control them. Besides I would need to know what exactly is going wrong with the hybrids to try and figure it out and to do that I would need to talk with Klaus and I'm worried that doing that will just lead him back to Elena." Stiles explains.

"Okay, what if you sent him a text instead of calling him. You can't ramble over text and therefore can't give anything away and I'll read over your texts just to be sure." Jeremy offers.

"That...that is not a bad idea." Stiles agrees before bringing out his phone.

'Hey Klaus, I think to figure out your hybrid problem I need more information on what exactly happens during the turning process.' – Stiles

"How's that?" Stiles shows Jeremy his phone.

"Good but aren't you a bit too casual with the hybrid that thinks he killed our sister?" Jeremy points out.

"I guess but I have no idea how else I should act. Besides it too late to change how I act with him now." Stiles reminds.

"Okay fine, send it." Jeremy agrees.

Stiles nods and sends the text.

"What do you think is the problem with his hybrids?" Jeremy asks.

"I have no idea, but I would bet a lot of money that it has something to do with Elena." Stiles answers.

"Like what? She needs to die?" Jeremy queries.

"No...my spark is telling me that Elena needs to be alive but that's about as much as I'm getting." Stiles informs.

Before Jeremy can say anything, else Peter and Malia come bursting through the front door and into the living room where Laura and Derek are waiting.

"Well, what did you find?" Laura asks as Stiles and Jeremy enter the room.