Chapter 7

Stiles wakes up the next day and starts putting his vervain plan into effect. He goes to the kitchen and grabs the mortar and pestle, that he isn't sure why they have seeing as they have never found a need for it and brings it to his room. Then he heads to Jeremy's room, finding it empty. He reminds himself of Jenna's message that was left on his phone about how she was taking Elena and Jeremy to the police station to talk about Vicki leaving town.

Stiles looks towards the desk in Jeremy's room and doesn't see what he is looking for. Typical, right when he needs it and it isn't in plain view, Stiles huffs. He then starts looking around all available surfaces in the room, trying not to touch anything as he doesn't want Jeremy to think he was snooping and lose trust in him.

It's when he passes the desk that he notices the trash can, recently emptied, judging by the lack of anything in it except...except for the black nail polish sitting there. well at least Jeremy won't notice it missing if he's throwing it out, Stiles thinks as he reaches in and takes the bottle.

Stiles makes his way back into his room and moves to sit on the chair in front of his desk. He takes a strand of vervain and picks a few flowers off the stem, placing them into the mortar and pestle. Then he gets to work crushing the flowers. It takes a while as the flowers start off by releasing liquid, making a mush. Stiles thinks about it for a second and then quickly heads to the kitchen and grabs two mason jars.

What Stiles does next can only be described as messy, he tries to remove the liquid into the mason jar whilst keeping the flowers in the mortar. He ends up having to go back into the kitchen and get a spoon which he uses the back off to push down on the vervain mush, making the liquid separate from the flower.

After he was removed as much of the liquid as he can, Stiles continues crushing the flowers until they become a fine powder. His arms hurt after all that work, but he ignores it and instead grabs a piece of paper and folds it into a cone. Then he opens the nail polish and places the cone in the entrance of the bottle.

Stiles tips some of the powder into the cone and watches as it enters the nail polish. He isn't sure how much he should add as he needs it completely mixed in, but he would rather not have lumpy nail polish, even if no one is going to be seeing his toes. He adds a little bit more powder and then starts stirring the powder and polish together with the nail varnish...wand?

Luckily the nail polish bottle is clear, making it fairly easy for him to see it mix together. It takes some time to get it all mixed together and he even has to close of the bottle tightly and shake the bottle. But eventually he got it all mixed together.

Once that was completed Stiles painted his toenails. Which was a surprisingly hard. He had to try and reach his toes without hurting his back and his knee kept getting in the way. He ended up hurting his back anyway. He had made respect for women who managed to paint their own toenails and make it look good as his looked like a massacre took place on his feet.

While waiting for his toes to dry, Stiles decided to get a couple more flowers and go through the same process of collecting the liquid and making the powder. Might as well collect some while he has nothing better to do. He is thinking about adding some of the powder to his coffee grounds, so he ingests some every morning.

He isn't sure what to do with the liquid vervain yet and then he closes his eyes.

"Stiles, you moron." He mutters to himself.

He should have added the liquid vervain to the nail polish instead of the powder, it would have been so much easier to mix. Well at least he will remember that to next time.

Stiles places the rest of the powder in the empty mason jar. He's going to have to hide them, so Jenna doesn't find them if she comes into his room. He has no idea how he would explain what they are and why he has them.