Chapter 38

Emily...

"Aslan?" I ask as I get out of bed.

You've been away for a long time.

"Away from where? I never left Narnia." I reply as I try to find the source of his voice, which I eventually stop in front of the full body mirror in the corner of the room.

Your original home. Your parents, Peter, and Susan miss you.

"I miss them too. But surely Peter and Susan understand that I'm where I belong." I point out. The great lion comes out of the shadows behind me in the reflection, but as I turn to look at him over my shoulder, I realize he's not physically with me.

"Susan is losing her faith. And with that, she's losing the memory of you." He tells me. I press my lips together firmly, refusing to make eye contact with myself or Aslan in the mirror as I turn towards it again.

"I suppose that was bound to happen. Wasn't it? Susan sees the world with logic. She's not the type to believe without reason." I say shakily. He lets out a soft breath, but I don't feel it.

"Aslan..." I trail off, which he doesn't acknowledge me. "Are you really talking to me or is this something else? Something that's meaning to frighten me?"

He starts to fade away as a green mist seeps out from behind the mirror. No...no, this isn't real. This isn't real.

----

A blood curdling scream erupts from me as I wake up, which Caspian is holding me in a matter of seconds.

"Em! Em, it's alright!" He exclaims. Tears start to pour down my cheeks as I look around frantically. It was just a nightmare. It was a trick.

"Edmund just left back to bed with Lucy. They're having nightmares too. I had one about my father." He tells me gently. "You're safe, Darling, don't be scared. I promise you're alright."

"Aslan...but...he said that Susan-" I begin, but he stops me.

"Love, it wasn't real. None of that was real. Whatever he said in your nightmare, remember it wasn't truly Aslan." He tells me. I shake my head and pull myself out of his arms in order to get out of bed and over to check the mirror.

"Emily, it was a dream." He says as he gets up to follow me. "The real Aslan was busy saving Lucy tonight. She told us that she had a page with a spell on it and he stopped her from actually using it."

He pulls me into a tight hug as I start to cry more.

"What can I do?" He mutters into my tangled hair.

"Bring my parents and older siblings to Narnia so I never have to part with anyone again." I reply quietly. He sighs and rubs my back gently.

"Anything for you, My Love." Caspian responds. Although he and I both know there isn't anything he can do himself to bring my family here permanently. But as I start to calm down, I'm able to register the fact that multiple people were targeted by the mist all in the same night.

"Caz...about your father-" I begin, but he cuts me off.

"You don't have to worry about that. My father has been gone for years and I got my peace on the matter. The mist chose the wrong target as my family is now you and your siblings." He says as he lets go of me in order to go back to our bed. "We can only go forward, Em. Never back."

"But if you could...would you?" I ask, causing him to look at me.

"What do you mean?" He questions me as he pulls the covers up to his shoulders.

"Go back. I mean, truly go back in time and change things that went wrong in your life. The things you miss terribly. Would you go back in time to change things so you never go a day without it?" I ask. He stays quiet for a while, causing me to frown slightly as I move to get back in bed with him. Maybe I shouldn't have-

"No...no I wouldn't go back. I don't know what that would've changed in the future and I wouldn't want to risk anything that I have now. Especially not my marriage to you. I couldn't imagine another life where you're not in it." Caspian tells me. I take a deep breath and smile slightly as he pulls me towards him, tugging the covers up to be on top of me as well.

"Well, lucky for you, I don't want to be without you either." I say, causing him to chuckle. "Will you still be here in the morning?"

"Of course, Darling. I'll stay here so you see me when you wake up." He reassures me. I nod and cling to him, finding that I'm more comfortable up against him than laying on my side alone. I just want this whole issue with the mist to be over. I want to feel safe to sleep again. I don't know what I would do if we were back home at the castle and Caspian had one of his late nights in his office with a bunch of written concerns from Narnians and Telmarines.

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡

Hi everyone!!!

Woooooo it's been a while, huh? I hope you enjoy this chapter! I also wanted to see if any of you would be interested in a Marauders Era book? I have a plot and OC in mind that would be really interesting, but I don't know if anyone is going to read it and enjoy it like most of you do here with Emily's story. I would really love having an interactive community again since that's what makes writing so wonderful and fun.

Let me know what you think of the chapter and the new book idea!

- Day♡