Chapter 10

Emily P.O.V

We run up a hill and a large icy castle comes into view. That's when I see my younger brother's silhouette as he starts to enter the large doors.

"Edmund!" Lucy calls.

"Shh! They'll hear ya!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. I run forward to chase down my brother but Mr. Beaver grabs my coat.

"No!" Mr. Beaver yells.

"Get off me!" I cry.

"You're playing into her hands!" Mr. Beaver hisses at us.

"We can't just let him go." I snap.

"He's our brother!" Lucy exclaims.

"He's the bait! The Witch wants all four of ya!" Mr. Beaver exclaims.

"Why?" Peter asks.

"To stop the prophecy from coming true. To kill ya!" Mr. Beaver tells us. My heart sinks and I stare at the castle.

"This is all your fault!" Susan growls at Peter.

"My fault?" Peter asks angrily.

"None of this would've happened if you would've listened to me in the first place!" Susan yells.

"Oh so you knew this would happen?" Peter snaps. Susan glares at him.

"I didn't know what would happen. Which is why we should've left while we still cou..." Susan begins.

"Shut up! Both of you! This isn't going to help Edmund!" I scold.

"She's right. Only Aslan can help your brother now." Mr. Beaver says. I close my eyes.

"Then take us to him." I tell Mr. Beaver. Suddenly I hear a wolf howl.

"We need to go!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. We all start to run back to the dam. When we get inside Mrs. Beaver stares at us wide eyed.

"Hurry, Mama. They're after us!" Mr. Beaver exclaims.

"Right!" Mrs. Beaver says and starts running around, putting things in a cloth.

"What's she doing?" Peter asks. I sigh and start to help Mrs. Beaver put things we'll need in the cloth.

"We have a long journey ahead of us and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry." Mrs. Beaver tells us.

"I'm cranky now!" Mr. Beaver exclaims to his wife.

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asks. I glance at her as I tie the cloth.

"Only if the Witch serves toast." I joke. Mr. Beaver leads the way with Mrs. Beaver behind him. Next is Lucy. Then Susan. After her is Peter. And I bring up the rear. I'm responsible for all of my siblings, I can't fail Mum.

"My friend Badger helped me dig this out. Leads right up to his place." Mr. Beaver says.

"I thought it lead to your Mum's!" Mrs. Beaver exclaims. Lucy trips and we stop to hear barking.

"They're in the tunnel." I gasp.

"This way!" Mr. Beaver exclaims as we all start running again. We soon reach a dead end.

"You should've brought a map!" Mrs. Beaver exclaims.

"There wasn't room next to the jam!" Mr. Beaver exclaims as he begins to dig a way out. My siblings climb out after the Beavers and I dive out of the hole Mr. Beaver dug. Peter and Mr. Beaver block the hole with a barrel. I turn around to see a small group of animals that have been turned to stone.

"What happened here?" I ask.

"This what becomes of those who cross the Witch." A fox says.

"Come any closer, traitor, and I'll chew you to pieces." Mr. Beaver growls. The fox jumps down.

"Relax, I'm one of the good guys." The fox chuckles.

"Yeah? Well you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones." Mr. Beaver hisses.

"An unfortunate family resemblance. But right now, you've got to move." The fox says.

"What do you have in mind?" I ask. The fox smiles at me.

"Climb up the tree, quickly." The fox tells us. We do as he says and climb the tree. Suddenly, the wolves burst out of the hole Mr. Beaver made and circle the fox.

"Evening gents. Lost something have we?" The fox says with a smirk.

"Don't patronize me. I know where your allegiance lies. We're hunting some humans." Morgrim says.

"Humans? Here in Narnia? Well that's a bit of valuable information don't you think?" The fox says. A wolf grabs the fox and keeps him in place. Lucy and Mrs. Beaver gasp. But me and Mr. Beaver put a hand/paw over their mouths.

"Your reward will be your life. It isn't much....but still. Where are the fugitives?" Morgrim asks. The fox sighs. Is he going to tell them?

"North. They're in North." The fox lies. I relax and smile down at the fox.

"Smell them out." Morgrim orders the other wolves. They all take off running. I jump out of the tree and hurry to the fox's side.

"I'm fine, your majesty." The fox says and starts to get up. But then he yelps and falls back down.

"You're not fine. By the way, what's your name?" I ask.

"Hunta, your majesty." He replies.

"Please, call me Emily." I tell Hunta. He smiles at me. My siblings and the Beavers hurry over to us.

"Peter, start a fire." I tell my brother. He nods and starts collecting some branches. He places them in front of us and starts the fire. Hunta squirms and whines in pain as Mrs. Beaver tries to fix his wounds.

"Stop squirming. You're worse than Beaver on bath day." Mrs. Beaver states.

"Worst day of the year." Mr. Beaver tells us. My siblings and I smile.

"I'm afraid that's all of the healing I can receive." Hunta says as he stands up.

"You're leaving?" Lucy asks with a frown.

"It's been an honor, my Queen. But I've been asked to round up more troops for your army by Aslan himself." Hunta says.

"You've seen Aslan? What's he like?" Mrs. Beaver asks excitedly.

"Like everything you've ever heard." Hunta replies.

"We're not planning on fighting any Witch." Susan says. Hunta looks at me.

"Surely, Queen Emily. The prophecy." Hunta says.

"We just want our brother back." Peter says, placing another twig in the fire.

"Stay safe, your majesty...I mean, Emily." Hunta says. I look at him strangely. Why would he wish me to be safe and not my siblings as well?

---------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! So that's the new Chapter!!! I hope you liked it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless