Chapter 6

Emily P.O.V

Lucy and I enter the living room. Only to find our siblings playing a rather boring game. We look at each other and sigh. So much for playing charades. Lucy and I walk over to the window and watch the rain fall.

"Gas-tro-vascular. Come on Peter, Gastrovascular." Susan says. Peter sighs.

"Is it Latin?" Peter asks.

"Yes." Susan nods. Edmund gets out from under the coffee table.

"Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?" Edmund asks with a large smirk on his face. Susan glares at Edmund and slams the dictionary shut. Lucy walks over to Peter.

"We could play hide and seek!" Lucy exclaims.

"But we're already having so much fun." Peter says sarcastically. Susan glares at him.

"Come on Peter! Please! Pretty please?" Lucy asks.

"Emily you can count first. You love being seeker after all." Peter points out. I smile.

"That I do." I nod. I cover my eyes.

"1." I say. And everyone starts to get up.

"This game's worse!" Edmund cries. Then there's silence.

"2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10......." I say.

*TIME LAPSE*

"98. 99. 100! Ready or not here I come!" I call. I start to leave the room.

"I'm back! I'm alright!" I hear Lucy exclaim.

"Shut up she's coming." Edmund hisses. I walk down the hallway and find them standing by the curtains.

"I'm not sure you two quite have the idea of this game." I say. Peter and Susan enter the hallway.

"Does this mean we win?" Susan asks.

"I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore." I state. Lucy frowns slightly.

"But, weren't you wondering where I was?" Lucy asks.

"That's the point. That's why she was seeking you!" Edmund growls.

"Edmund." I warn. He looks at the floor.

"But. I've been gone for hours." Lucy says. I stare at her confusedly.

"What on Earth do you mean Lu?" I ask. She grabs my hand and drags me towards an empty room. Well, it's mostly empty except for the wardrobe.

"There's a whole world called Narnia in there! And I met a faun named Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy exclaims excitedly. Susan and Edmund start knocking on the back of the wardrobe.

"Lucy. The only wood in there is the back of the wardrobe." Susan says.

"One game at a time Lu. We don't all have your imagination." Peter says. The three non believing siblings start to leave.

"But I wasn't imagining!" Lucy exclaims.

"That's enough Lucy." Susan says.

"Well I believe you." Edmund says. I look at him curiously. Out of all of us. The last person I'd expect to believe Lucy would definitely be Edmund.

"You do?" Lucy asks. Edmund smirks.

"Of course. I mean. Haven't I told about the football field in the bathroom cupboard?" Edmund asks in a joking manner. Lucy frowns and I glare at my younger brother.

"Oh you just have to make everything worse don't you?" Peter scolds.

"It was just a joke." Edmund snaps.

"When are you gonna learn to grow up?" Peter growls.

"Shut up!" Edmund yells. "You think Dad! But you're not!"

"Well that was nicely handled." Susan says as Edmund runs out of the room.

"Su. Go comfort Ed for me while I deal with this." I say. She nods and hurries out of the room.

"But, it really was there." Lucy says. Peter sighs.

"Susan's right Lucy. That's enough." Peter says before leaving the room. Lucy looks at me.

"Do you belive me, Emily?" Lucy asks. I smile and hug her.

"I wish I could've went with you. I would've loved to have tea with your friend Mr. Tumnus." I say. She smiles and hugs me back.

"Go draw something. I'm going to go check on Edmund." I say. Lucy nods and skips downstairs. I walk towards Edmund's and Peter's room. I knock gently. Susan answers the door.

"He won't talk to me. Ed needs you." Susan says. I nod and enter the bedroom and Susan leaves. I sit beside Edmund and hug him.

"I know you miss Dad. I do too." I say softly.

"But not as much as I miss him." Edmund replies dryly. I sigh and lift the locket out from under my shirt. It's a cross. I open it and inside is a picture of Dad and a small note he left me before he left.

"I never take it off. This is what keeps me going. If I feel like nothing's going right. I open my locket and talk to the picture like he's actually here. It helps a lot." I explain. Edmund stares at the picture.

"When can we go home?" Edmund asks with tears in his eyes. I rub his arm and hug him.

"I don't know, Edmund. But if those Germans come here and try to hurt you or our other siblings. I'll kill them first." I say and tickle his sides like I used to when he was 5. He laughs and tries to smack my hands away.

"Thanks, Em. You're a great sister." Edmund says. I smile and run my hand over his hair.

"And you're an amazing brother. Although sometimes you can be a pain in the butt. I still love you." I say.

"I love you too." Edmund says. He hugs me back. It's rare for Edmund to be like this with anyone. Only when Dad's home is he ever like this. Then I realize how much my siblings need me. I'm the only one who looks most like Dad only female. And I have his personality. I have my Mum's smile and laugh and freckles and lips and ears. But I'm mostly like Dad. My siblings look to me for help and support when Dad isn't there. But I don't like feeling like I'm replacing him. My dad is a big part of my life and always will be. I'm a Daddy's girl obviously. He means a lot to me. So does Mum. And my siblings are my entire world.

•••••••••••••••••

So I decided to have Willow Shields play Emily. So now I can switch up the pics.