Chapter 18

Emily P.O.V

I walk beside the edge of the woods and notice a boy on a horse coming towards me. He looks about my age, if not, older.

"What are you doing all by yourself by the woods?" The boy asks. His voice has a Mediterranean twist to it. But it is very silky and nice to listen to.

"Oh, I live in the woods with three friends. What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I usually like to ride my horse, Destrier, away from Telmar. So I figured I'd come here." The boy replies.

"What's your name?" I ask with a smile.

"Caspian. The tenth. And you?" He asks.

"Emily." I reply. He smiles charmingly at me.

"That's a beautiful name. Did your parents name you after Great Queen Emily from the Golden Age of Narnia?" Caspian asks.

"How trustworthy are you, Caspian?" I ask.

"I'm Prince of Telmar. But I want to be better than most kings before me." Caspian tells me. I bite my lip.

"I am Great Queen Emily. When my siblings left, Aslan turned me back into an 11 year old. I age as my siblings do. So right now I'd be about 14." I explain. Caspian looks at me in shock.

"I'd like to be friends with you though." I tell him. He smiles warmly at me.

"I'd like to be your friend. How about we meet here everyday." Caspian suggests. I grin at him and nod eagerly.

"That sounds good! So I shall see you tomorrow then?" I ask. He nods.

"I shall see you tomorrow." He replies before riding off on Destrier. I smile and return to my small home where I live with Trumpkin, Nikabrick, and Trufflehunter. Two dwarves and a badger. But they are my dearest friends.

"What's got you all happy?" Nikabrick asks. I roll my eyes at him.

"I made a new friend today. He's very nice." I reply. Trufflehunter places dinner on the table.

"What's his name?" Trumpkin asks as we all sit around the small table. I try to think quickly.

"Cazlìon." I reply. Trufflehunter smiles.

"What did you do with Cazlìon today?" Trufflehunter asks.

"Oh, we just talked for a while. But his Uncle called him home." I partially lie.

"Are you going to see him again?" Trumpkin asks.

"Yes. Tomorrow actually. We are meeting earlier that way we can talk more." I reply. Nikabrick ignores the conversation and eats his dinner.

"Well I'm sure he's very nice. Now eat your dinner before it gets cold." Trufflehunter says. I smile and eat my food.

Caspian and I kept our promise and met up in the same place everyday for the rest of the year. And on my 15th birthday he gave me a dress, a pair of flats, and a bracelet that goes up and wraps around my ring finger.

 And on my 15th birthday he gave me a dress, a pair of flats, and a bracelet that goes up and wraps around my ring finger