Chapter 12

Emily P.O.V

We reach a small cliff that over looks a river. Chunks of ice break off and float down the large river.

"We need to cross, now!" I exclaim. Lucy looks at Mr. Beaver.

"Don't Beavers make dams?" Lucy asks.

"I'm not that fast, dear." Mr. Beaver replies. I grab Lucy's hand and turn to make my way down to the river.

"Wait! Would you just think about this for a minute!" Susan cries. I turn to her.

"We don't have a minute!" I exclaim.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." Susan states.

"No. You're trying to be smart." Peter corrects.

"As usual." I add before hurrying down the side of the cliff. Susan ends up following us. Peter places a foot on the ice and it cracks.

"Maybe I should go first." Mr. Beaver says.

"Maybe you should." I agree. He steps out and pats the ice with his tail as he walks. Some of the ice cracks.

"You've been sneaking second helpings haven't you?" Mrs. Beaver says.

"Well you never know which meal's gonna be your last. Especially with your cooking." Mr. Beaver replies. We all start to make our way across when the Witch's wolves surround us. I move Lucy to Peter and unsheath my sword. Morgrim jumps down in front of me. Another wolf jumps down and tackles Mr. Beaver. I point my sword at Morgrim.

"Put the sword away. Someone could get hurt." Morgrim says. I continue to point it at him while backing up.

"No! Narnia needs ya, Emily! Gut him while you still have a chance!" Mr. Beaver exclaims.

"Put the sword away and your brother will leave with you." Morgrim says.

"Emily maybe we should listen to him!" Susan exclaims. Morgrim chuckles.

"Smart girl." Morgrim states. I don't lower my sword.

"Just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero! Just drop it!" Susan yells at me.

"All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go. Come on girl make your choice. I won't wait forever. And neither will the river." Morgrim says.

"Emily!" Lucy cries. I look up to see the ice on the waterfall is beginning to break. I glance around me and bite my lip.

"Peter take Lucy!" I exclaim. He nods and pulls his own sword out. I look at Susan.

"Hold onto me!" I exclaim and stab my sword into the ice. Susan gets down and grabs onto me tightly. Peter does the same and Lucy holds onto him. The waterfall breaks and the water and broken pieces of ice crash down, creating a wave the crashes over top of us. Susan and I surface.

"You alright, Su!?" I exclaim over the rush of the river.

"Yeah! You!?" Susan calls back.

"I'm fine!" I call. Mrs. Beaver pushes our chunk of ice over to the side of the river and Susan and I climb off. I yank my sword out of the ice and sheath it. Mr. Beaver pushes Peter's chunk of ice over to us and Peter does the same as me. But that's when I see Lucy's coat in his hand.

"What have you done!?" I cry. I look out at the violent water.

"Lucy!" I scream. I walk a little ways away from the others.

"Lucy!" I scream again.

"Has anyone seen my coat?" Lucy asks. I look at her and sigh with relief. Peter wraps her coat around her and I kiss her forehead.

"I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore." Mrs. Beaver says. I look at the trees to see pink flowers starting to form on them. I smile and we all start to make our way through the forest. The snow slowly fades away and is replaced with green grass, green leaves, and pink flowers. We hang our coats on a branch and continue walking.

"We've arrived!" Mr. Beaver exclaims. My eyes widen as we step into a clearing. A bunch of tents are propped up. A bunch of different creatures look at us and smile. Lucy and I smile back. Susan forces a smile.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asks through her teeth.

"Maybe they think you look funny." Lucy jokes. I giggle and give her a high five. We reach the biggest tent and a centaur walks forward from beside the tent. I pull my sword out and hold it up, Peter does the same.

"We've come to see Aslan!" I say loudly. Every single creature bows. Suddenly a lion leaves the tent and looks at us. We bow. Peter and I have our sword tips stuck in the ground.

"Welcome Peter, Son of Adam." The lion, whom I'm guessing is Aslan, says. Peter stands up.

"Welcome Susan, Emily, and Lucy, Daughters of Eve." Aslan says. We smile and stand up.

"Welcome Beavers, you have my thanks." Aslan says. The Beavers smile and nod at him.

"But where is the fifth?" Aslan asks.

"That's why we're here, Sir." Peter says as he sheaths his sword.

"You see, we had a little trouble along the way." Susan begins. I sheath my sword and swallow hard.

"Our brother has been captured by the White Witch." I tell Aslan. A bunch of gasps come from some of the creatures behind us.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asks.

"He...Betrayed them...Your Majesty." Mr. Beaver says.

"Then he has betrayed us all!" The centaur beside Aslan exclaims.

"Peace! Orieus. I'm sure there's an explanation." Aslan says.

"It's my fault really. I was too hard on his." Peter says guiltily. Susan places a hand on his shoulder.

"We all were." Susan says. Lucy shakes her head.

"Emily was the only one he would talk to must I remind you Peter." Lucy says. Aslan looks at me.

"Did you know anything about this, dear one?" Aslan asks.

"No, Sir. He only talked to me when Peter or Susan bothered him." I reply sadly.

"Sir, he's our brother." Lucy says with a frown.

"I know, child. But that just makes the betrayal all the worse." Aslan replies. "But I assure you. I will do everything in my power to bring your brother here safely."

---------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!!! That's Chapter 12!!! I do hope you enjoyed it!!!

~BeatriceIsDauntless